[V8.0 Air Combat] Escape and fuel

After a failed intercept the enemy UFO escapes. First of all it says it escapes into space but it's signature is still there and it can still be intercepted. Secondly it's altitude when it "escaped into space" was just over 1000m.

I intercept again and start t run out of fuel. A popup warns me I need to retreat but there seems to be no fast way to disengage. I kept trying the retreat button but had to wait for the UFO to fly out of the screen? Just need clarifaction here.

Hmmm. The idea is that if you attack a UFO and it escapes from the battle, it will escape into space and disappear (the idea is you don't get the points for shooting them down, but you've also successfully interrupted the alien mission). I've reproduced the bug where they're not disappearing from the Geoscape after retreating, which I've logged and we'll get fixed.

The fuel thing doesn't appear to be a bug though, it seems to be working normally. If you're told a UFO needs to retreat it should just disenage automatically if you press 'Yes'. That needs more clarification perhaps.

I might increase the fuel range for the F-17s as it's currently a bit annoying they have to keep disengaging from combat so frequently.