[10] cannot load saved games in the battlescape

I have been having this problem since 9.5, however in 9.5 an attempt to save the game in the battlescape would just CTD. Now in 10, I can save to my hearts content but when I try to load any save in the battlescape it spits me out to the geoscape, presenting me with the 'engage or abandon mission' screen.

I checked around the forums a bunch trying to see if someone else posted this as a bug or if its just not implemented yet, sorry if its been explained elsewhere.

Cheers

I posted that somewhere too - it still happens. I think it is to avoid turn by turn save/reload spamming just to make it through a hard battle but that's just my brain rationalizing this probably haha.

^^

I was under the impression that it is intended behaviour (it's the way I prefer it actually).

As designed. It will be like this, from now on.

I do not think forcing a design playstyle is a good thing. For one thing it can be very frustrating to be winning a hard battle and you get a crash to desktop. So basically unless your game is crash free and perfect clean coding it can and will frustrate alot of players and cause some to stop playing. Also if a map is very hard forcing a player who is a casual player or someone who doesnt have alot of free time per day to replay 1 hour long missions.

You can't make the argument that players have to accept some losses, because your basically forcing playing to play ironman mode as programmers and designers.

I don't think as a player who paid for a product such as a game he should be given less options to play his game. As a feature players can " Choose " to play battle missions without saves but it should be the buying players choice, and not a force desgin choice.

I for one perfer to have choices to save on battlescape missions for both testing purposes and test consuming reasons and paranoid worries of CTD during important long battles where i am doing really well and CTD or even my desktop system crashing which my SSD drives does once every 1-3 days suddenly.

Okay, If you are designed not save in Battles I can accept it. But there stil 1 bug left. Maybe you can just disabled save in battle or do autosaved one moment per loading battle if player forgot it? because i found another small bug. If I save in city terror battle when loaded chinock appears in geoscape as normal but lost terror city as target. That means I can't reselect the target I can only lost terror battle. In XCOM1 if in 1 point are 2 objects to click on map we are get list of objects. But there only 1rst object terror citie and i can't send chincok to home or reselect target.

Ah, too bad. I kinda like it this way. Because I suffer from the excessive save/load syndrome in battlescape otherwise. This way, I only reload when half of my experienced men die etc. Can't we get something like Semi-Iron man mode? Tin man maybe? With battlescape saving/loading locked?