Forum traffic waay up, increased interest in the game!

Hi,

I hope this topic will not be burned and buried, I just wanted to say how excited I am to see a tremendous amount of traffic recently on the boards. I am not a frequent poster myself, rather a lurker, but I check new posts several times per day. In the past few weeks I noticed that there are 50-100 new posts every time I log in (that is 3-4 times per day). The total post count is over 18,000. And this is the current forum user activity just past midnight in CET:

"There are currently 260 users online. 50 members and 210 guests" WOW!

I am getting a good vibe - and I just noticed that v10 is out! :cool: Keep it up, Goldhawk team!

I was actually reading articles about the Firaxis X-Com game, and in 2 of the 3 articles there were comment mentioning (promoting) Xenonauts as a closer reimagining of the original X-Com games.

That prompted me to visit the forums to see if there was any news on the development. I had previously set up RSS feeds on the Goldhawk and Xenonaut news blogs which haven't been updated for a while.

Am looking forward to the Kickstarter project. I think it will raise the profile of the game tremendously and hopefully raise a bit more funding for polish.

I've been a pre-orderer of Xenonauts for a while now (since before X-Com was announced).

Edited by blackdemon2000

There have always been many guests (more than active members) observing silently (which I thought was great because it showed interest) and now many of them have simply become more vocal (which is also great for the same reason). In any case, yeah, it's a good sign.

I¡m a bit of a lurker too, I was just trying the alpha versions to see how the team was handling the game and the users' requests. I don't have much time to play but I specially enjoy the music (please focus on that terror music), and the old-style UFO isometric view(right word? that's why I am a lurker, I screw the Kings language) that needs to be a MUST to enjoy a turn based strategy game (just like Jagged Alliance 2+1.13 mod+AIMNAS)... And now you know WHY people is showing interest :D

Chris I'm telling you something, the game is going to be a fuc**** HIT !! You listen to forum members ideas and request, the game is becoming a mix of ease of play and pain in the ass when dealing with superior aliens, I'm telling you something... I will spend this summer playing this baby, I care nothing about Diablo3 and all of those """high-tech""" games caring about graphics over gameplay.

Honestly, you seem to be serious people, involved in the project, and that's what counts to people out there. (It worked for me) You are simply going to crush the new 3D graphics X-COM or any other try, you are going in the right direction.

PS.- And BTW, don't get overstressed...if MP is implemented in the future, we are going to want to play against DEV's ;)

I really really really hope this project gets whatever it needs to be properly finished. Honestly. As you have seen, that what it counts to us.

Edited by FranTorres