Build V10 Released (Kickstarter Press Build)!

Hm, is it intentional that the rocket equipped hunter has hilarious accuracy? It does not get above 13% even at close range with perfect LOS (no obstacles). And it is not just 13% to hit the exact tile but still blow stuff up, it is 13% no to hit the civilian 90 degrees and 10 tiles away from the alien target.

Great build! Very stable and much more strategic now you have to worry about funding. Obviously there's a fair bit of balancing to be done with that side of things (Alenium missiles sell for $1000 each when it costs $5000 to make them, for example) but all in all, yet another step towards an awesome game.

It's telling that I've already sank more time into this alpha than I do a lot of full games. Somehow playing the same ground combat over and over is only just becoming a bit tired... :)

Seems like a fairly decent build, but I did get a bug where the game would crash. If at the exact same point in time you went to one base with 2 out of 2 used hangars and then transferred a aircraft to another base, then went to the other base and transferred an aircraft to the former base, when they both arrive at the exact same time, the game crashes.

Is it just me but using CTRL-TAB to enter Windows and going back to the game causes... several problems(like fonts not being displayed properly, missing textures in guns, etc) ?

Alt + Tab you mean? Like to minimize the game and then you click on it to open it again? I've minimized mine that way for hours at a time JUST to avoid the save/reload research bug and it's worked fine for me. Open a bug report on this in the bug report forum and get Matthew to look into it :)

It's hard for me to suggest what the disc shaped things could be called, without knowing what the scientist reports say about what makes each one different. I like Terror Disc though, for the largest one.

I don't mind much what the sale values are for alloys since I don't know what the whole manufacturing balance and game balance is looking to be yet. UFO : ET (grayfiend's mod) and UFO : Afterlight did something that I liked about manufacturing. They made it so that if you wanted to put full effort into manufacturing, it could slow down research, limit your available money, or limit the amount of troops available. It worked similarly if you wanted to sacrifice effectiveness of the other things. I don't like managing money and to me this was more fun, though money was still a part in those.

loving the game

aircraft fights much harder, tactical harder

love blowing up aliens n shit got to aliens turn they shot a dead civilian (well he was laying on the ground surrounded by blood) well when he was hit he went "ehh" and stood up for the rest of the level (not right but awesome). :)

well there's this alien that does not right maybe its bent to be like that but i think it needs so blending to show its behind the ship take a look

X.jpg

X.jpg

X.thumb.jpg.b9d7a9e12d17ad7a1e052b3228fc

This is the first build I tried since the first preorder build. I'm amazed at the quality and stability that is already there. It is already very playable and addictive. Well done to Chris and the development team. I hope the Kickstarter brings in more funds (and attention) so that a good polish phase can be done.

Alt + Tab you mean? Like to minimize the game and then you click on it to open it again? I've minimized mine that way for hours at a time JUST to avoid the save/reload research bug and it's worked fine for me. Open a bug report on this in the bug report forum and get Matthew to look into it :)

Nvidia drivers are at fault here.

Pedrom, why do you think that's the case? (Just interested.)

He (Pedrom) most likely updated his drivers and it started working fine (or better at least).

Or so I assume since it was Pedrom that had the problem in the first place.

:) It's not silly, but it's probably not quite interesting enough.

I'll think some more about what we could call them. They're meant to be good at harassing and stinging enemy units, rather than being full-blown combatants. Hornet drones, maybe?

:) It's not silly, but it's probably not quite interesting enough.

I'll think some more about what we could call them. They're meant to be good at harassing and stinging enemy units, rather than being full-blown combatants. Hornet drones, maybe?

How about some sort of linguistic derivitive of harrassing/harrying? Good old dictionary.com gives the origins of these words as hergian (old English) and herja (old Norse). Herja Drone? Hergian Drone? Sounds original and is meaningful at the same time (albeit in an obscure way)

World English Dictionary

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR=class: tr1]

[TD=class: td1, colspan: 2]harry (ˈhærɪ) [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: tr2]

[TD=class: td2, colspan: 2]— vb , -ries , -rying , -ried [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: tr3]

[TD=class: td3n1, width: 1%, align: right]1.[/TD]

[TD=class: td3n2]( tr ) to harass; worry[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: tr3]

[TD=class: td3n1, width: 1%, align: right]2.[/TD]

[TD=class: td3n2]to ravage (a town, etc), esp in war[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: tr5]

[TD=class: td5, colspan: 2][Old English hergian; related to here army, Old Norse herja to lay waste, Old High German heriōn ][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by Clav

Ah darn, no harvesting theme then=P

Insect theme sounds boring imo (and I'm unsure how to scale that in three levels). Spider theme? nah people wold focus on spiders haveing many legs while saucerbots have none.

I think Guaddlikes Infiltrator, Intruder and Invader suggestion works the best.