Build V10 Released (Kickstarter Press Build)!

Drone, Mule, Enforcer. I like names that are a little understated, as if the alien species doesn't consider us much to deal with. I think it plays to the psychological horror theme.

Would the names be something the aliens came up with or something the human soldiers calls them? =S

For the drones, there are three types of support "drone". These little gun drones are the first ones, then you have a full-on Cyberdisc style-one which is 2x2 tiles (and explodes as you'd expect), then you get a final 3x3 tile alien hovertank at the end of the game.

Scatter Drone (because it's small and rapid firing, connected in name to the scatter laser), Saucer Drone (small reference to the cyber-disc), Terror Drone ("terror" is a classical X-Com word that brings back memories without infringing upon copyright :P)?

Edited by Jean-Luc

Scatter drone is good.

I think you should name them, as if the Xenonauts soldiers named them. Like the americans called the Nebelwerfer rocket batteries "screaming mimis". Or the Russians called the lendlease sherman tanks they recieved "a five man coffin", in a russian name i dont know of course, because they were such easy prey for german tanks.

Thats why "cyberdisc" was a good name. Because thats what you would call it.

Meaning, soldiers name stuff after something thats an attribute or sign of recognition. Maybe a distinctive sound or a way they move.

So scatter drone is good. Even though i think drone is a bit more of a 2012 name instead of 1979.

I suck with names. But say the small one is called "Hoover Wasp" for its humming sound and floating, Then the bigger one could be called names in the same category for its similarities with the smaller. Or you give them name for their uniqe attributes. And i cant even try there cause i never seen them. And i don't want to, until i face them the first time ingame. :)

Infiltrator for the small scout type drone.

Explores terror sites hunting for soft targets.

Intruder for the medium sized drone.

Designed to support troops when clearing areas.

Interdictor for the heavy drone.

Main role is to prevent Xenonauts or other well armed forces interfering with terror activities on the ground.

They follow a naming convention with similar names and also define their roles pretty well.

Well to me they do :P

Infiltrator for the small scout type drone.

Explores terror sites hunting for soft targets.

Intruder for the medium sized drone.

Designed to support troops when clearing areas.

Interdictor for the heavy drone.

Main role is to prevent Xenonauts or other well armed forces interfering with terror activities on the ground.

They follow a naming convention with similar names and also define their roles pretty well.

Well to me they do :P

I'd like to change interdictor with IceVamps suggestion: "Invader" =)

Yay! version 10! me very happy now :)

as for drone names.

i never understood why people are so intrested in alien probes so much.

I think there names should be connected with there Xenopedia article. so depending on there backstory depends on there name.

but hey thats just me :)

Janprusak V10 bugs part1

- after loading a game the bases icons in the op don't show the actual bases icons, they are blank. (picture 1) After a building finishing construction there, the base gets its pictura again

- after loading a game, the fund change expectations are reset

- after my interceptor has been destroyed, the UFO is still there but there is no icon and i cannot target it with another plane (picture 2)

- the animation of hopping over a fence only works fine if hopping towards the camera

- citizens are often spinning on place during hidden movement

- still having some problems with aliens near UFOs (picture 3 and 4)

- bat ground texture in corvette, I suppose (picture 3 and 4)

- why does walking into smoke making the soldier stop and playing the injured sound?

- a crouching soldier being dealt a lethal hit stands up and then dies. He should die crouching

- picture 5 - text doesn't fit page (27" monitor 2560*1440)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg.bc65a305c10490e3a11ecc6bf32973b0.j

2.jpg.dcff5d469dea64ec325a99b5f5562c37.j

3.jpg.00513b46bcca045042abf86671183054.j

4.thumb.jpg.dfad5a6b55cc2468420df1e17957

5.thumb.jpg.23981c933dc6c1f8474a0f2d314a

Janprusak V10 bugs part2

- picture 6 - the number should be also able to put in with a keyboard (waiting for say 250 units takes a lot of time), item picture and description is incomplete for most items (I suppose, it is incomplete and not a bug)

- time between hiring people/buying aircraft ant their availability should be non-zero.

- there should be some way of adding/removing planes from fleets

- picture 7 some graphical issue not seeing the small fighter UFO

- after refusing to assist in a terror of a city situation, the relationship with the countries seem not to change

- picture 8 - text cannot fit on page, no option of scrolling

- picture 9 - I don't see the cost of alenium when making alenium weapons

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.ec5d7ea252937e00f3f5bdf913f8

9.thumb.jpg.c7fd5b776a08848c19692165ef64