[V8.0 - General] Game Resolution.

How do you play windowed mode - on my laptop in res 1680 x 945 the game covers half the screen , moving to full screen with Alt + enter causes the base facility construction outline to not match up with the base grid lines and words and information at the edges of the screen to disappear.

DavidR

Silly me - it starts in windowed mode - a senior senile moment there.

Edited by davijdruss
senility

*facepalm*

I really should have tried that.

Edit: Hmm, it doesn't work that well. There's a section cut off along the right side (like the current $ balance...)

Confirmed playing on a laptop at 1366x768 and i have the same issue. Plus i notice some "blur" on the font of the main menu. The letters seem out of focus.

Some bugs I've noticed with the resolution selection that came with the new update:

I do not know if this is specific to my computer, or if it happens to all screens with my resolution, but when I try to load a game in 1024 x 1280, everything on the screen turns 45 degrees.

Untitled-1.jpg

Also, when I try to run a game in 1200 x 1600, I get a "Failed creating the Direct3D device" error.

edit: wasn't sure if I should start a new thread about this or not, because it may just be an isolated problem.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.72c12b9ff3c5357da66

Edited by Brosama

Try reinstalling your tools from Desura.
Tryed. Unfortunately it didn't helped. Game starts in some weirdy low resolution, both windowed and fullscreen. Because of this, interface elements on the main strategic screen just roll-over each other... and at the same time it's impossible to read a small text, like base details.

Some bugs I've noticed with the resolution selection that came with the new update:

I do not know if this is specific to my computer, or if it happens to all screens with my resolution, but when I try to load a game in 1024 x 1280, everything on the screen turns 45 degrees.

Also, when I try to run a game in 1200 x 1600, I get a "Failed creating the Direct3D device" error.

edit: wasn't sure if I should start a new thread about this or not, because it may just be an isolated problem.

Not an isolated problem. It's happening to me too. Go ahead and create a new thread so we can draw more attention to this issue.

Edited by Calitar
forgot to add quote