Better Bullet Perspective, and Soldier perspective.

One thing that REALLY bugs me about X-COM inspired games, always seems to be they perspective. Mostly, the bullets. In Xenonauts, the missile from the tank/rocket launcher looks REALLY out of place. And the other thing: The bullets could look like they are going straight into the alien, then without no notice it appears to hit the ground.

My Suggestions:

Shadows for bullets/missiles.

Make missiles fit better with the landscape ect.

Make alien bullets better with shadows as well.

Make sure the bullet gets closer to the shadow when it gets closer to the ground (Also missile.)

Soldier perspective I believe is a bug, so the only thing I'll say is, same as bullets for some things.

- Wolfy

Edited by Wolfy

Hmm. I'm not sure it's actually possible to have the bullets hit the ground in a realistic way, rather than flying straight then suddenly hitting the ground below them. I'll have to chat to the coders about it. It's not that high a priority right now though.

Laser is light. Would it really illuminate things it doesnt hit (ie the ground while in transit)?

No. Light is visible when it reflects off of stuff, since the point of a laser is focusing light in a koherent beam it would only reflect off of it's "target". It won't illuminate the ground like a lamp. And even if it does illuminate the surroundings, we wouldn't see it because the light frequencies used in laser weaponry are outside our eyes perception spectrum.

So that's a no either way.

Well, since we can see the laser bolts in the game (which shouldn't be bolts to begin with, but don't get me started) the weapons are clearly not regular laser beams, and as such could emit light from the bolt. So there. ^^,

Correct. It's not a laser already because it fires ovalish bolts. Hence the technology being used is not our current understanding of lasers. Maybe trapping the energy from a very high powered laser beam into an energy shell, making it rather unstable and explosive, which fits with the fact that there is a small "laser explosion" from impact.

The point is, having an indication of the height of your shots, like in EU, is not a bad thing. I like semantics and accuracy, but I like playability and fun more.