Have I reached the current limit of the game?

I'm late to this party obviously. Just got into playing the demo a couple days ago. I'm loving the game, but I'm wondering if I've maybe hit the limit of the demo version at this point in time.

I've started clashing with the corvette medium class ships. But when I show up to explore the crash site, there's nothing there, and the encounter ends after the first turn with no loot.

I also can't seem to unlock any more research items. I have the wolf armor, lazer weaponry, and alenium missles. I've seen some references to vehicle/aircraft based laser weaponry, but no research options.

Have I pretty much seen and done it all at this point?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, you have. Aliens should be spawning in the Corvettes but for some reason they're not. We'll look into that next week.

There's a fair bit of content that has been held back from the public / pre-order releases that we're saving for beta, so the pre-order builds will only ever contain the first 1/4 to 1/3 of the game until beta arrives (when we'll release the whole game).

That's Odd. I'm pretty sure I'm doing a corvette crash landing ground combat right now... One odd thing i've noticed, I can see fire and smoke from across the map (and hear it too when looking at it) even when it's still in FOW.

On Fire

XenoCorvetteFOWFire.jpg

Update: Fire Went Out

XenoCorvetteFOWNoFire.jpg

Update: Corvette Visible

XenoCorvetteFOWVisible2ndFLR.jpg

I'll update shortly when I actually uncover the ship. so far 2 sebellians down and no injuries. Record!

Edit: Odd Thing, Lizard things (Sebellians I'm pretty sure) turn into Ceasearns when dead.

Three Examples dead. I'll try to take a picture next time when one is still alive. Tis Difficult though.

Alien 3 Dead: Orientation unknown.

XenoCorvetteDeadLizAln3.jpg

Alien 3 Inventory

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8513079/XenoCorvetteInvLizAln3-2-Guard.jpg

Alien 2 Dead: Orientation Unknown

XenoCorvetteDeadLizAln2.jpg

Alien 2 Inventory

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8513079/XenoCorvetteInvLizAln2-2-Solider.jpg

Alien 1 Dead: Orientation Unknown

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8513079/XenoCorvetteInvLizAln1-1.jpg

Alien 1 Inventory

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8513079/XenoCorvetteInvLizAln1-2-Guard.jpg

Ok, I have another, but the corpse is in fog of war, I might waste some turns to get a picture of it.

I might also go get a picture of the inventory of the dead ones. One I noticed (2nd picture) didn't change species when it died. So perhaps its just one version (solider vs civvie?) that is a transformer... Sure hope I don't crash if I check inventory, Really want to complete this mission. need new research options. Crashed last time I tried to save in mission =(

Game crashed before I could complete mission. I believe it was this guy

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8513079/XenoCorvetteFiringAimlessly.jpg

Who was kinda just firing all around the ground there. On the second floor (You can see in the 2nd flr corvette Pic http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8513079/XenoCorvetteFOWVisible2ndFLR.jpg where my solider was standing) is where I believe he shot to cause a crash.

Every time a solider ran by that window, there would be a reaction shot and a metal TING of it being blocked. So It possibly was another alien i didn't see yet that was under/inside the corvette. Irregardless, this wasn't an issue till I put a solider there with the rocket launcher, shot out the window with a pistol and changed back to rocket launcher and stood on that location. After the enemy turn, it is now my turn again, but i can't do anything. No selecting soliders, moving the screen around. And there is a constant horrid sound of... I dunno how to describe it. Clicking of a weapon maybe? I was going to go listen to it again now, but Game completely froze now. Can't even move the mouse in there anymore

Chris, Sorry I can't tell you the orientations of these aliens at death. 2 never changed species. 1 and 3 did, though it seems 1 did revert.. though it looks odd still.

Also It appears I ran out of attachments, so forgive the pure html links to my public dropbox photos. I left them as links rather then img links since, I couldn't seem to resize them via bb code. That would be bad If I didn't lol.

Also heres a fun one. Human Civie = Xenonaut

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8513079/XenoCorvetteHumanCivieIsXenonaut.jpg

XenoCorvetteFOWFire.jpg

XenoCorvetteDeadLizAln3.jpg

XenoCorvetteDeadLizAln2.jpg

XenoCorvetteFOWNoFire.jpg

XenoCorvetteFOWVisible2ndFLR.jpg

XenoCorvetteFOWFire.thumb.jpg.345f132de2

XenoCorvetteDeadLizAln3.thumb.jpg.18bb38

XenoCorvetteDeadLizAln2.thumb.jpg.08a860

XenoCorvetteFOWNoFire.thumb.jpg.7f41dc6d

XenoCorvetteFOWVisible2ndFLR.thumb.jpg.6

Edited by Mandabar
More Info

If they turn into a Caesan when they die, it means their death animation is missing or set incorrectly. If you can describe how they looked before and what direction they were facing, that'd make it easier for us to find the missing sprites. Stick it in a bug report :)

If they turn into a Caesan when they die, it means their death animation is missing or set incorrectly. If you can describe how they looked before and what direction they were facing, that'd make it easier for us to find the missing sprites. Stick it in a bug report :)

They all appeared the correct species at time of last life. Unsure on orientation, thought I believe alien 3 was not looking at me. IE, 4 shotgun blasts to the back did him in from the broken window I was firing thru.

Reread my previous post for updates and changes since last time It was there. Lots of pics, I went over picture limit lol. Pictures speak a thousand words, so there it is. A 12,000+ word essay lol.

Edit: Chris let me know if you want me to repost my previous post into the bug report forum the way it is, or try to clean it up or something. I know it isn't the prettiest. I might have to figure out how to video record while I play so that I can answer some of your questions better lol.

Edited by Mandabar

The only Sebillian corpse image files present in this build are the noncombatant.

I guess the game is defaulting tot he Ceasan noncombatant when it hits one of the missing ones.

That is backpack wise, still looking at the other images to see why the ground image is incorrect.