Desura install issues

I'm having issues with Desura. I can't install xenonauts on my computer. I had 9.2.

It constantly fails after verify when it tries to download. Mcf errors i believe. Sent ticket in but it might be a while.

So posting to see if anyone has any solutions.

Not at home posting from my smart phone

I haven't had a single problem with Desura so far.

Every build has worked first time.

OK the download speed isn't great but I have seen worse.

I have picked up a few free games or demos from them while I have had it installed as well and the same has been true of those.

Sometimes Desura will crash, and I have to install the game all over again. Sometimes the install will crash, and I just verify the files and install missing ones. For 9.5 desura crashed, and it stopped at the tools installer, with 2/2 and the bar full, so I just closed it and played the game.

I had problems updating the game on Desura. My procedure now to avoid problems is NOT manually update, delete or reinstall the game. I just try to run the game and if Desura shows a message saying there is an update, then i choose the update option. This updating procedure is slow, but when it finishes and the game is reinstalled automatically, i don't have any problems thereafter.

Well, I dunno what happened. But Yesterday when I tried again, on the 3rd try it worked. That is after 20 tries the previous time, and an uninstall/reinstall of desura. 5 more tries then posted this. Then 3 more tries when I got home and it worked.

I just sat and softly caressed my computer while it attempted to make desura work properly.

The game is beautiful..er now btw.

• 3 months later...

I've been trying to get the newest version of Xenonauts installed for a solid week now. First it went through the whole rigamarole when I told it to update, ending up with a message that the servers were unavailable (my network was doing fine, thanks, and obviously I was connected to Desura or it wouldn't have said the new version was available when I opened it).

So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and after it spent a long time verifying pre-existing files, told it to go ahead and get rid of the old files (why were there any left after I uninstalled it?). It then said there was no server connection again.

So I made sure it was still uninstalled (it wasn't installed), got rid of the Xenonauts directory, and tried to install from scratch again. It spent about 20 minutes verifying existing files (wut?), now it says it's downloading it. But there's no speed, no estimated time left. It isn't downloading it.

I would really like other options than Desura, sooner rather than later, because the bastard thing doesn't seem to like Xenonauts. I was able to patch to the latest version of Towns in this same period with no issues, but no Xenonauts.

Update: Okay, 30 minutes on, just letting the 'downloading' bar sit there, now it says I've got 4 hours at 50 KiB/s. Well we'll see how long I'm getting any connection at all, but that's progress.. I guess. A bit sad seeing as I'm paying for a cable connection that can reliably pull a gig in about 5 minutes normally. I'm a bit bothered that I would've saved a few hours of my life if this was on Gamersgate or Stardock/Gamestop or Steam or direct download or anything, but oh well. Maybe it's finally going to work. Maybe.

Wow, the second I posted this, I got an MCF Download Error popping up. Now it's back to validating existing files. Jiminy Christmas, this sucks.

It's been quite awhile since I've looked at the pre-release. I seem to get stuck on either Gathering Information or Preparing.

EDIT: After rebooting the computer and restarting Desura, it does not get stuck there anymore, However, it keeps stopping the DL with server connection problems. I'm going ahead and getting the stand-alone version.

Edited by Zim

I had installed the game first without Desura (9.2 I think), and only later installed Desura to keep it up to date. Desura was never able to install a newer version, giving me the various messages mentioned above instead. After I de-installed and deleted all related files/directories of Xenonauts Desura finally decided to work.

My trouble seems to have been that I installed the software manually at first without Desura, which for some reason doesn't accept that.

• 8 months later...

hmm, bought this game a few days ago and signed upto desura, all downloaded fine and installed etc, however when i click play through desura the xeno menu comes up then i instantly get the xenonauts.exe has stopped responding error and closes the program, ran the file verifier and still same? not really sure what to do? anyone got suggestions? running win7 x86.... it would be nice to play like the game lol :P

hmm, bought this game a few days ago and signed upto desura, all downloaded fine and installed etc, however when i click play through desura the xeno menu comes up then i instantly get the xenonauts.exe has stopped responding error and closes the program, ran the file verifier and still same? not really sure what to do? anyone got suggestions? running win7 x86.... it would be nice to play like the game lol :P

I've got the same issue. Game launches directly into a crash.