Pre-order package

HomeBoy

Hi. Im a huge fan o UFO X-com but only the old ones. Seen the new site and this game looks promising :).

I have a question. In what state is the game now if a pre-order it? How many hours of gameplay there are? And when it will be finished there will be te posibility of multiplayer?

Hi. Im a huge fan o UFO X-com but only the old ones. Seen the new site and this game looks promising :).

I have a question. In what state is the game now if a pre-order it? How many hours of gameplay there are? And when it will be finished there will be te posibility of multiplayer?

Multiplayer is not a planned feature.

As of right now (build 7.5.1) the game is not in a truly playable state - there is no save/load functionality or research tree etc. You can use the GeoScape, launch interceptions, dogfight and carry out tactical ground missions.

That's not to say there isn't hours of gameplay however - I have spent at least 10 hours with this build and I'm sure others on this forum have tested and played it far more than I have. Depends how much you enjoy it, and how much you want to help out with development (reporting bugs etc.).

BUT today is the planned release date of V8 which will be the first truly playable version - save/load, first stages of the research tree, etc. Now is a better time to pre-order than ever! :)

In the site id says the you will get the game minus the last mission.

That's just for the beta and it goes for everyone. Of course you get the full game regardless of the buying option. Premium pre-orders might be rewarded with some free dlc but I'm not sure. There should be an announcement regarding that fairly soon.

Depends how vital to the games the idea is. Some of the being suggested would work fine as a dlc to my mind, such as soviet skins or new tilesets. The larger issues, female or multi-racial soldiers, wouldn't be so useful as dlc due to the amount of work they would require, the same issue keeping them from being in the game in the first place. Let modders work that angle. Use dlc to provide some of those extra features that aren't worth delaying the game for, but that you'd still like to add.

Xenonauts isn't the type of game that can have more content added after release very easily. Though mission packs might be an interesting idea. Still, I wouldn't want the team wasting their time on limited dlc options when they could be working on any game but a sequel to xenonauts [grin] Keep a rough idea of your plans on the forums and we punters will probably back you quite a long way.

can i get a key for steam if i preorder now?

or should i wait till it will be relased on it

In brief: yes, you can. The Steam distribution deal isn't finalised yet, but the idea is to let pre-order customers choose between a Steam and a Desura key, whichever they prefer, upon release.

Edited by iamkyon

Oh, yeah: no promises, at least not from myself. I'm just a regular pre-orderer, so I'm not in the position to make any.

Perhaps Chris could comment on the likelihood of a Steam release, as this particular question seems to crop up with a certain regularity? It would be comforting to have the Words of the Eternal Chairman to fall back on.

Edited by iamkyon