Questions about 9.5

Hey everyone - I need to know a couple quick things and this seemed like the best place to put them.

Is there some sort of way to make your guys NOT die? Like some sort of invincibility code or a way to give them crazy health so they don't die? In order to facilitate testing the maps for walls you can move through it would be seriously helpful to be able to do either of those things.

I just can't make the battle on the terror map, which is a big map, last long enough to explore the buildings on the far... well left side I'd guess it is. The houses across the park on the far side of the map from where you start.

Secondly, and maybe I'm just awful at this, but I am struggling to end the terror mission with POSITIVE points. That's even if I lose only one unit. Civilian deaths + one alien escapes already subtracts on average for me thus far 8 points... and there's 9 aliens. So even best case I'm getting only 1 positive point here. If you lose the tank you are just boned because that's -5! Is this the final point balancing or not - anyone know?

Is this the final point balancing or not - anyone know?

I hope not :) Maybe points awarded/subtracted should change with difficulty. Maybe Terror missions are meant to be nothing but blood sweat and tears and negative points. However the most likely answer is that balance comes last in the development process, so I wouldn't worry to much about it.

No problem. You need to look in the weapon_gc file, in your Xenonauts Assets directory. The alien weapons are a fair way down, so keep scrolling and you'll find them. The damage is listed there and you can just change the value and then save the file. (make a backup if you want to be double safe)

Hope that helps!

The odd thing, is it doesn't seem to be consistant. I had hunters with rocket or machinegun and they couldn't see a foot in front of them.

Lately today I've been playing with both varieties on a Corvette crash, and they have amazing LOS. Better then my soliders. They can see almost double as far I think.

I've changed nothing that I can remember, and there has been no patchs.

Random 9.5.1 question - is there a hotkey to toggle among soldiers, like pressing space to take you to the next active (with non-reserved MP) soldier? I know I've played other games that had that feature (JA2?) and it's helpful... or is the only way to select soldiers to click on them or their mini-portrait at the bottom of the screen?

That would be helpful as a new player - I didn't find it in the manual. Maybe include a one-pager in the manual for the demo since I'd imagine a lot of downloaders and potential buyers would like the hotkeys. Also, is there a way to bind "space" to cycle through soldiers/does anyone else think automatically having "space" do that would be helpful?

I honestly can't remember doing a Day mission in a long time. So Night

I've had similar experience. The issue was intermittent and tended to occur more after I had loaded a game in the battlescape. To be more clear, after loading the FoW would be revealed in a normal manner, whereas prior to the load the hunter would have 0 visibility.