My prayer to RNGesus

Well i finally got bored with my easy playthrough on xdivision because i had researched everything and could never get a ship with an officer and my attention span was gone lol. So i started a campaign on normal and my first ufo landed somewhere in siberia. I set up my units and shipped out expecting to lost a good chunk of them but at least be able to secure that ufo. I landed and we got to it, i leapfrogged from cover to cover and found the first caesan in the middle-ish of the map standing in the open so i set up in a vague c shape in cover around him.

Well it didnt do me a damn bit of good cuz the first caesan instagibbed one of my soldiers even tho he was a good 8 tiles away. He then does an aimed shot and manages to cripple my other guy who is also about 8 tiles away and both were behind green cover. Then another two caesans pop out and stand in the middle of the field. Im like -.- but they are in the open so i should be able to turn the tables right? Wrong. I closed in on my next turn and they managed to miss most of their shots or spend most of their time moving so i didnt take two much damage. I had snuck a few guys pretty close and went in for the kill on my third turn. I ran an assault and a rifleman right up to one's face and proceeded to unload. 74% accuracy on the rifleman and 84% on the assault should be cake right? Nope. i fired at least 5 volleys between them to have absolutely nothing hit not even a single pellet from the shotgun even... I was about ready to flip a desk but i held off to try and flank the other guy and same thing happens! then they proceed to wipe half my team the next turn and the rest of them the next.

The is where i cant take it anymore and proceed to spend the next 4 hours save scumming. I dont mind some dead guys but this rng.... was ridiculous. I even reloaded the whole mission and started from scratch to no avail. Tried utterly different tactics each time and nope. They would wipe my whole team no matter what i did in 4-5 turns. You can call me a noob if you want but ive played long war on vet for years and stomped the crap outa vanilla campaign here. Im hardly new to this.. I finally ditched the campaign because i couldnt bear to even look at it anymore... So i had to share this story to blunt my pain and clean up my salty tears before the next campaign.

I offer a prayer: Oh great rngesus! May our boolits hit their marks and may foul disease be swept upon my enemies! May the great rng god (demon..) with his huge barbed schlong not come and rape me not even a little gently while my poor soldiers throw down their weapons and run up to the aliens and pelt their shins with little kindergarten girl punches cuz itd be more effective... amen!

Knowledge is power.

Maybe it would change your view that caesan have shields, with protects them in the same way your own does. So your shots didnt miss, but hit a shield ... a 270 hp shield.

I think you might think differently about your experience now that you know a little bit of missing information. All the best for your next campaign !

This is still honorable death. Die to aliens.

Half of my lost men were killed by friendly fire.

2 of them died because the machine gunner reaction fired.

1 of them, on predator armor, died by three shorts of MAG shotgun by a berserking assault.

1 of them, reduced to jam because I have to order him close and shot aliens as I missed the animation of a grenade throw and cannot decide if the throw hit or not. If the throw missed, I will suffer a major wipe...