What mod would you suggest

rapsody

Hi, 

Its been a while since I last played xenonauts and recently got the urge to replay it and thought of installing some mods (other than the ones that come with XCE).

What would you suggest? X-Division and Xenonauts X-Pansion pack seems big, i never played those ... dunno if there are other overhaul mods out there. 

I like quality variety (more weapons, armor, vehicle, aliens etc) but I hate filler content that is there just to make a nice number (like "we got 190289403 weapons etc etc" which are only reskins of themselves). 

I understand that overhaul mods tend to ... well, overhaul the game but, do these 2 mods change the game at its core, change the lore and/or game mechanics? 

Suggestions? (it doesnt have to be those 2 mods i listed)

X-Division is an overhaul mod, and in addition to being bigger, it's also much more difficult. The mod is definitely big and varied, a couple hundred new weapons and much more. I don't think it's filler because the X-Div guys have very carefully worked on gameplay effects so the stuff they add actually has significant gameplay effects, whether subtle or not.

X-Pansion pack is not nearly as big as X-Div, and I wouldn't call it an overhaul for sure. It's more what it sounds like, an expansion pack. It maintains a feel that is very similar to vanilla, and adds smaller amounts of content. It's also more difficult than vanilla, but less than X-Division. The X-Pansion Pack mod is newer, and isn't as well tested as X-Div, and doesn't receive such good rebalances.

I don't think there are other major mods for the game. The various map packs are included in X:CE, and there are many mods that change some element of gameplay, but X-Division and X-Pansion Pack are the only current mods that expand the game significantly.

• Like 1