[X:CE V 0.34.3] Crash possibly on Wraith teleport.

While playing, I just ran into my first cruiser UFO, that I downed, and on multiple occasions, when the Wraith teleports the game freezes on the Alien movement phase (This does not happen every time).

I have all the community mods, excluding the ambient forest, Furies, Terror, and Dreadnoughts Oh My, and the Tropical and Swamp tileset.
I have these extra mods installed and being used:
Reinforcements, 120 Degree View Angle, BarleyTroops, Better Foxtrot, Bolt Action Rifle, Deluxe GeoScape Cheat Mod, Full Soviet Weapons Expansion pack, Germans Weapons Pack, Khall's Carbines & Shotguns, More Civilians and Local Forces, Saracen Reborn, Super Flares.

I have tried doing this save a few times.
1. End turn.
2. Reaction fire Wraith
3. Reaction Fire from inside Cruiser.
4. Game Freeze.

Charlie.sav

20170729010143_1.jpg

Ships with a rounded form have that blackness bug, it's one of the most annoying bugs that remain but I don't think it can be fixed.

No freezes here after 7 or 8 attempts, so the bug continues to be elusive :) And no, the Wraith teleports outside, by the right-hand entrance of the Cruiser, I get it there half of the time. Which is, by the way, an absolutely idiotic place to teleport to.

Yeah that's similar to what I see, except the freeze :D The Wraith by the door usually dies, then there is some fire from the inside, then a Wraith teleports outside (often), finally one of your soldiers gets (attemped) mind control and that's it.

Gonna try with a release build now. The debug builds don't reproduce the problem.

It's not that - it's probably that the bug, if it still exists, has a somewhat random nature. This isn't the first time I see a report and cannot reproduce it.

I should note though that there's a newer version of X:CE. Update to 0.34.3 to get a few more bugfixes.

16 hours ago, Solver said:

@Charon, do you know anything about teleports and freezes?

In over 1000 hours of combined testing we never had any issues like that. We had like, 3 unsolved freezes, which may share some features with the teleportation bug, but that could also be something else. They were in any case never reproduceable, not even in the slightest, and happen like every 300 hours or so.
Usually a well moded/coded game does not produce issues like this. Taking into account that 90% of steam content is out of date, it might produce unexpected behaviour.

But i looked throught the code and the only thing i can think of is the       <Teleportation maxDistance="25" /> having further range than the sight range (19) goes, dunno, maybe its that. Just a guess.

EDIT: In X-Division wraith have further sight range than they can teleport, a lot of wraiths added in the latest update and no issues yet.

Edited by Charon

I really don't think it has to do with range because the Wraith in this save tries to teleport well inside of vision range.

Now if you get a save that freezes every time and not just much of the time, that would probably be perfect. Or, well, the perfect situation is that the game doesn't freeze anymore.

• 5 years later...

Hi Everyone!

Sorry to revive an old post, but this was the closest match i got in google search to the issue I am having.

Playing with all the community editions etc etc etc, I also get the un-ending alien turn when playing against wraith enemies and specifically only when fighting against a downed cruiser. This post was last hit in 2017, would it happen perchance that a fix has been found?

Very frustrating to continiously get stuck here, the last 3 years I have been trying to finish the game haha but always end up stuck fighting teleporting wraiths and unending alien turns.