Most confusing thing about time units

As a newer player I just wanted to share some of my frustration with one aspect of how time units work.  I would see at the bottom left of the screen of how many time units I needed to make a particular shot, but I wasn't factoring in line of sight.  So I would click on a square to send in my squad making note of the fact that it would leave me with enough time units to shoot a nearby alien, only to realize I now didn't have enough time units to pull it off???  Eventually the light bulb turned on and I realized it was taking 2 points of time units per 45 degree turns of the body.  Once I realized that, then it all came together for me.  I like how the mechanic works now that I understand it, it just wasn't intuitive for me.  

---

Well, to be fair'ish, "Xenonauts" is one of those (/these?) more "old-school"-games where you kinda have to do some research before even booting the game first time. E.G. reading through the instruction-booklet is highly recommented.

Yes, it would be more nice to have all the finer details and available via in-game compendium or something similar.
Time units-wise however considering the "mod'ability" of this game the compendiums would need to directly pull the data and other flavor-text via the "XML"-files and such (which for the most part has been the case already, alongside with some other games such as with "OpenXcom") 

---
---
---