question on reapers

Just did my first mission with reapers.  Half my squad died to them, the horror...

Anyway, after said mission I've not noticed I have less laser weapons than what I had before the mission.  Do you lose the gear of squad members who get turned into reapers?

• 2 months later...

use stun gas.  if it doesn't stun them as they try to run through it, it will cause them to pause and use extra AP, very much slowing their approach.

or they will try to go around it, giving you way more opportunities for reflex fire.

very very useful.  especially forcing them to take longer paths.  will save your butt doing late game base runs or battleships that have reapers.

essentially, use it like a minefield, anticipate which direction they will come at you from, and toss it in the predicted path.

bonus:  also works as "smoke" to block LOS on your troopers, if there are more than reapers you are dealing with.  slight negative, in that it also will make it slightly harder to score reflex shots through it for your guys as well.

Edited by Ichthyic