Did I ruin my installation?

Kiel

Hello!

It has been about two years since I played Xenonauts for the last time. Recently I decided to re-visit the game and, owing to Steam workshop being full of mods, mod it heavily. I subscribed to a whole bunch of mods, among which I had X:CE (Steam version). Afterwards I switched to X:CE branch via Steam properties as I should have done in the first place. I arranged mod priority according to their descriptions and started playing.

Every time I started the game it would tell me that CE is either not active or has wrong priority. Regardless of my input the game would always crash while loading for the first time (with loading taking longer than a minute). For the second time it would load in just 10 seconds.

Now, I thought to myself "why would I need CE from Steam if its description clearly states that it is not even necessary to install it in the first place?" And so I opened my mod list, selected Steam CE and deleted it. The only trouble is that it deleted EVERY MOD I HAD INSTALLED!!

I restarted the client and this is what I am seeing (in attachment). Though it says "downloading" nothing really happens.

What do I do? Should I completely delete my Xenonauts installation and start anew?

Screenshot_7.png

I just performed file check via Steam and It appears that 29281 files are either missing or become corrupted.

You should really add this line to X:CE description: "Under no circumstances should you use 'Delete Mod' button in the Mod Manager. It will break your entire game".

Edited by Kiel

21 minutes ago, Kiel said:

I just performed file check via Steam and It appears that 29281 files are either missing or become corrupted.

You should really add this line to X:CE description: "Under no circumstances should you use 'Delete Mod' button in the Mod Manager. It will break your entire game".

That was August 17, 2016. Guess you will be added to the casuality list XD.

@Solver What is up with the fix ? What did Chris say ?

Edited by Charon