Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobRobertson

New player - Missiles never hit, fighters always die

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I just started the game and just developed the fast interceptor.  Light scouts are shooting down my MiGs and F-17s.  At least the cannon on the F-17 makes things slightly even.  It takes 2 Condors to down any light scouts and I'm playing on Normal difficulty.  So, what am I doing wrong?

Light Scouts should go down to one missile from the Condor. Disable auto-fire on one missile (click it so it turns red). Fire your first missile, wait for the UFO to attempt to dodge, then click the red missile to fire it as the UFO dodges. The second missile will hit and you'll shoot it down. If you send two Condors, just the cannons should be enough.

Don't use Foxtrots for Light Scouts, they're too small and agile to be hit with the heavy torpedoes the Foxtrots carry.

On 06/06/2017 at 11:35 PM, Solver said:

Don't use Foxtrots for Light Scouts, they're too small and agile to be hit with the heavy torpedoes the Foxtrots carry.

(Unless you hold both torpedoes and release only at point blank range, preferably from one of its side not from front or back.)