UniCamo v 1.0

bergamon

UniCamo v. 1.0 - unified camo for human aircrafts v. 1.0

Inspired by SoloA
Author bergamon

--- Overview ---

Inspired by SoloA I decided to learn how to create my own aircraft models and give them a unified look - after all, they are meant for the one and only military organization. All early aircrafts are redesigned and have unified camo.
First human aircrafts are weak and have less than 10000 range - in my opinion it makes the game more realistic, because F-17 parameters in vanilla ver. are too exaggerated for the 70's. Both F-4 and F-5 have big external fuel tanks at their images.

--- Features ---

- Player can buy F-5 "Tiger" at very beginnig of the game and manufactrure F-4 "Phantom" after "Alien Invasion" research. They are more vulnerable and have less ranges than fictional "Condor" in vanilla ver.
 - MiG-32 "Foxtrot" is invented together with F-12 "Blackbird".
 - After "Alenium Fighter" research player can produce two versions of "Corsair" and "Condor".
 - "Corsair" still looks like F-14 "Tomcat" with double auto-gun but has its version armed with two light missiles.
 - "Condor" is based on MiG-23 design and is cheaper alternative for "Corsair"
 - Prepared new Xenopedia images regarding F-4, F-5, F-12, Mig-32, "Corsair", "CorsairR" and MiG-23.

The rest of later human aircrafts are not changed.

--- Tips ---

- F-5 "Tiger" is too weak to attack even smallest UFOs one-to-one, need some support.
 - F-4 "Phantom" has one heavy hardpoint, so it is possible to shoot down medium UFO (witin short distance from base) before heavy interceptor is ready to fight.
 - F-12 "Blackbird" has no ability to make evade maneuvers, but its significant acceleration enables rapid escape.
 - "Corsair" with two auto-guns is more agile but "CorsairR" armed with two light missiles has better detection chance and longer radar range.

--- Known Issues ---

Let me know if any ;)

qy69ox.png

UniCamo.zip

Edited by bergamon
little mistake in manufacture.xml reg. CorsairR and actualization of mod presentation picture
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

First of all, great mod and thank you for creating it! The camo and the new variety of crafts adds a nice taste to the game :) That, and it fits better in the Cold War atmosphere of the game. 

I do have one question, though... the Blackbird is mentioned in both your comment above as well as the Xenopedia ingame. My understanding is I should be able to buy/manufacture (probably the latter) the Blackbird alongside the Foxtrot (which would be after the Cold War Relations research, I think). Unfortunately, I never had the option to research/engineer the Blackbird (I already got to the point where I could create Corsairs and the cheaper Condor alternative). 

I do have several others mods in use, they may or may not conflict (see attached file). Once I noticed this potential problem, I moved yours to the top of the list to see if that would enable the Blackbird in game, but that did not seem to make a difference (then again, maybe it would only at the moment of researching the Cold War Relations research). 

EDIT: The screenshot below reflects the order of mods that I used in most of my game, not the mid-playthrough attempt I made to get the Blackbird to appear by bringing the mod to the top. 

ModOrder.png

Edited by Ziomster44
Trying to make the Mod Loader image collapsible.

• 7 months later...