Possible T-shirt Designs?

So, I've spent a good ten minutes coming up with T-shirt designs and I was wondering what preferences people have? I'm only going to be offering one T-shirt type with the KS, as that's the only way we'll get any economies of scale. Offering multiple ones would mean we'd just have multiple short runs and the shirts would be very expensive.

I've gone for a black T-shirt because it's the game's colour and everyone looks good in black. Ideally I want a T-shirt that is subtle enough that people will be happy actually wearing it. This is what I've come up with so far. Thoughts, anyone?

tshirt_design1.png

tshirt_design2.png

tshirt_design3.png

tshirt_design4.png

I'm personally leaning towards #1 simply because it's obviously a Xenonauts T-shirt, but at the same time it's a bit more subtle than #4.

Yes, I like Gauddlike's idea.

I guess a red circle with a strike through would be too tacky though.

How about "Original Funding Nation" underneath or something? I kinda like those, and it makes it that bit more exclusive, because you might want to sell t-shirts in the future you know. :D

How about option 1 on the front with a larger alien head from option 4 on the back?

4 would look better if the head was kept the same size but the text was the same size as option 3.

I fully agree with Gauddlike on this one.

Chris are you only going to print on the front? Will there be any on the back?

Edited by Gorlom

I can't get Jean-Luc's ideas to load here at work but wil check them out at home. I agree with the poster above who mentioned some sort of reference to "original funding" or "Kickstarter supporter" - making it some sort of exclusive may make more people interested in buying it now (though, admittedly, it means you can't just order extras to sell later and benefit from economies of scale, which makes a KS exclusive version a bit of a double-edged sword).

As mentioned, #1 on front with the alien head on the back would also be a great compromise though I'm pretty sure "double sided" t-shirt printing costs extra.

Would be nice to know how much extra to see if its worth to consider. Personally I'd want something more subtle on the front, but thats probably not very desireble for Chris if that is the only print.

I like Jean-Luc's second one quite a lot actually.

I like the second one as well, needs a bit of tweaking but it works well.

I would even be tempted to leave off the second line in order to make it bolder and less cluttered.

If anyone asks what Xen Nauts is then that's the perfect time to educate them ;)

If you wanted to add a bit of colour Mike maybe you could use one of the rank insignia or medal designs?

it means you can't just order extras to sell later and benefit from economies of scale, which makes a KS exclusive version a bit of a double-edged sword

If you were going to make another larger order later you could just alter the design slightly.

I doubt they would give you any real discount for re ordering a previous design over a bulk order of a new one.

Edited by Gauddlike

I also really like Jean-Luc's second image, with the alien head substituting for an "O".

The black and white is perfect. To get all collegiate on you guys, the colors are symbolic of the "take no prisoners" theme of the game...the "humanity must prevail or the aliens will"...hence, the black and white theme. I graduated with a Commercial Art degree...trust me on this.

Besides, adding any color (even a spot color) will cost much more money to make.

And no, I don't just like it because Chris does, silly people!

Edited by P-DEX

"Strategic planetary defense simulator" doesn't sound like a game to me. It sounds like serious business. Like some kind of high-tech think-tank that comes up with hypothetical defense plans only for some pretty weird contingencies (alien invasion instead of the usual "Russia invades America via Canada" stuff). :P