Will The Darn Hedges Still Be An Issue ?

I had a ton of fun with Xenonauts 1 and got a lot of replay out of it, but there were a few things that drove me outta my tree about it.  One was the darn indestructible hedges.  Well, of/c, they were partially destructible - you could machine gun 'em down to a reasonable point, or C4 them enough to where you could see through them to shoot at aliens on the other side, you could lob grenades over them, but ... one thing you absolutely could NOT do, no matter how much MG fire or C4 explosives you used on them (and trust me, I tried this) was destroy enough of the @#$! hedges to allow your soldiers to walk through them.  Nope, not gonna happen, gotta go all the way around, each and every time.

I hurled a good many expletives at the computer because of this ... please tell me the shrubbery'll be completely destroyable in Xe:2.  Or at least enough where your soldiers can pick their way through the scorched, blasted, and bullet-holed remains.  Heck, I don't even care if they take a bit of an extra AP penalty for moving through rough terrain !

• Haha 1

---
The "Xenonauts 2"-public-ground-combat-test-version (via GOG.com) features elevations, or at least climbable ledges.
More than likely the "vision" and "accuracy" mechanics would similarly but more enhanced in the future.

If you want to test this yourself, here is a link to the annoucement-page:
http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13499-xenonauts-2-free-public-builds/

As for the "hill-hedges", considering the destruction-possibilities in the current-test-version of "Xenonauts 2", it's both highly possible we should be able to level-down completely the "levels", or at the very least we should be now able to climb up the "tiny-bumps".
Or rather in more "plain-English", "ground tiles" are going to be completely destructible or something like that.

I'd say @Policenaut explained (some of) this best when I reported some not-anymore-existing-"roof-tiles" blocking field-of-view on this bug report:
http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14302-xce-0342-cannot-see-the-indoors-through-the-destroyed-roofs/#comment-159441

All in all, the "darn hedges" more than likely aren't going to such an annoyance as they were in "Xenonauts 1" when taking into account the new(er) technology and the experience "Goldhawk Interactive"-folks are using.
---
---
---

• Like 1

Ahhh, those answers warm the heart !  I'll even look forward to my first new hedge encounter.  Now to think up some snappy one-liners while leveling them ...

1)  "Frag you, foliage !"

2)  "I don't need no shrub ..."

3)  "Hasta la vista, vegetation !"

4)  "Deck the halls with plowed up hollies ..."

5)  "I wanna be .. your Hedge-Hammer ..."

ok, so those're awful ... I'll think up something better, lol ...

• Haha 1