[X:CE 0.34.2] Xenonauts X-pansion Pack

Policenaut

Well not really, it just feels a bit boring that you can't decide whether to sell them or not. Just a bit more choice for the players. They do need revamping though, since as you say they're not really useful and quickly get to the stage where you just sell them anyway. 

Up to you of course, but I think revamping them (to make them usable in some way) is the one thing about the mod which isn't "vanilla-like". Basically everything else is new content or rebalancing while continuing the vanilla feel and experience for the most part. Making alien weapons an alternative to the usual arsenal is, as I feel it, a more radical departure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fantastic Mod! I've been loving every minute of it. 

I keep running into one annoying bug however. Whenever I have soldiers deployed with the Smart Pistol, they can't fire it. The TU reserve shows nothing and I can't have the soldier target anything. When one of my soldiers attempts a reaction shot with the Smart Pistol, the game crashes. One of my good friends who's playing the mod as well has the exact same issue. Any ideas how to fix this?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The mod was great until I started getting repeatable crashes during ground missions.  It was okay until one of those crashes happened during a base invasion, so now my game has effectively ended, randomly at a single turn during a mission.  It was a good mod idea, but if the player can't complete the game, then what's the point?

• 2 months later...

I cant run this mod 8(
I have installed all necessary mods. See on the picture below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/93847b4ez2pw5bd/Screenshot_20171018_200039.png?dl=0

After startup, I get an error:
'Manu.' is not manufacture category name
(Name='ManTech.AlienWeaponFix1')
See on the picture:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cv6yyxgh80tq48f/Screenshot_20171018_194720.png?dl=0

What could it be?
Thanks.

Edited by Black_Lenin

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The mod adds a UFO named "Drone Carrier". What would I have to change in the xml or save files either to gift myself a Drone Carrier Datacore, or else to change the schedule of their appearance in waves? 

I've been struggling with this mod on and off for a few months. I can't get to the final research to send a team to the Dreadnought and complete the game. The problem is, I'm missing just one datacore, for the Drone Carrier. I've tested it out reloading a save just before a wave and tallying the types and numbers of craft, and it seems to be the case that the Drone Carrier is the only UFO that no longer appears in the late game. I see plenty of "Drone Attack Frigate", the upgraded version of the Drone Carrier, but I suppose when the latter were around I always shot them down over water. 

So I need to cheat my way around this. 

• 4 months later...
On 2/28/2018 at 7:41 AM, desertoth said:

The mod adds a UFO named "Drone Carrier". What would I have to change in the xml or save files either to gift myself a Drone Carrier Datacore, or else to change the schedule of their appearance in waves? 

I've been struggling with this mod on and off for a few months. I can't get to the final research to send a team to the Dreadnought and complete the game. The problem is, I'm missing just one datacore, for the Drone Carrier. I've tested it out reloading a save just before a wave and tallying the types and numbers of craft, and it seems to be the case that the Drone Carrier is the only UFO that no longer appears in the late game. I see plenty of "Drone Attack Frigate", the upgraded version of the Drone Carrier, but I suppose when the latter were around I always shot them down over water. 

This is a problem I'm experiencing too. The objective states: 'Capture an alien hyperspace (which I did), comms array (which I also did), and all UFO datacore.' I've been religiously intercepting every UFO I see and only shooting down over water those I've already shot down over land at least a couple times. I still couldn't figure out which datacore I'm missing. Where can I see that and how do I get it?

Also, how does one get the Predator armor? I've stunned almost every type of alien that can be stunned - including Androns of all kinds - and still the research isn't unlocked.

• 5 months later...
On 6/3/2017 at 6:55 PM, Eldifire said:

Fantastic Mod! I've been loving every minute of it. 

I keep running into one annoying bug however. Whenever I have soldiers deployed with the Smart Pistol, they can't fire it. The TU reserve shows nothing and I can't have the soldier target anything. When one of my soldiers attempts a reaction shot with the Smart Pistol, the game crashes. One of my good friends who's playing the mod as well has the exact same issue. Any ideas how to fix this?

You need to fix the weapons_gc.xml file

search and replace "<Set3 ap="15" accuracy="130" />" by "<Set1 ap="15" accuracy="130" />".

I'm experiencing game crash in some ground combat battle enemies turn depending of the enemies. It happens with systematically with adrons elite and another unidentified enemy (perhaps a specific orb color, but not sure). The only way for me to get thru this bug is to restard in debug mod and kill those crashing enemy. This solution could fix the problem another poster had listed above (kind of late since it was more than one years ago). 

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
On 2/27/2018 at 7:41 PM, desertoth said:

Hey so I had this same problem!  Charon117 on r/Xenonauts pointed me to the solution.  You can change the requirement for any research to alien alloy, then sell one to trigger it.

Here is how to fix this specifically: find the file researches.xml in Xenonauts\assests\mods\Xenonauts X-pansion Pack\ Open with notepad++

Line 545 Change "Researches.PrepareOperationEndgame" to "Items.Alienalloys"

Then start the game and sell an alloy.