[X:CE 0.34.2] Better Foxtrot-mod disables Geospace mouse iinteractions

Pave

---

Even though this is a bug report, I personally consider this more of a "closure" to a "cold case" I mentioned on the first bug-report I did here.
https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14270-xce-0342-door-wall-fusion-temporarily-disables-a-xenonaut/

What I said there was this:

I had tried to use some of the mods via Steam-workshop, which I promptly disabled after encountering a permanent "9999"-coordinates-bug in the Geospace-view, which practice meant that aside for the ESC-menu, my mouse-interactions were completely disabled. So to fix this I went back to the save-file before the activation of the additional mods and replayed until the completion back to the Geospace-view.

I have now tracked down the culprit and reproduced this bug in question. And I have also found a workaround to continue playing the game normally once again.

---

As the title / subject of this thread implies, this bug is caused by mod called "Better Foxtrot".
I personally have been using the Steam-Workshop-version. But it also available on these forums here:
https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12645-better-foxtrot/

It is very possible that this mod only breaks the "Community Edition" of this game, considering that @drages has said this here:
https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13466-xenonauts-community-edition-0342/#comment-157107

Probably a default game player won't notice that 0.01 difference between 0.34.1 and 0.34.2 but it's dedicated for modding and for X-Divisions crazy ideas. If you think that a "0" and "1"  could be a game changer, this additions will make us rewrite all the mod.

---
---

Symptoms of this bug comes in two forms:
A. If one clicks “Heavy Hardpoint”-box(es) of a “Foxtrot” when they are looking at them, the game completely lock-off mouse interactions.
20170127190935_1.jpg
B. If one disables this mod and loads a Geospace-save-files, the game considers the mouse being “off-screen” in Geospace-view (thus the same “9999”-coordinates whenever one return from “ground-combat”-screen to the Geospace view, since the mouse always resets to “newsreel” at the bottom of the screen.
20170127190247_1.jpg

---
---

I haven't trialled all the possible troubleshooting variations. But I did several at least. I'll list all the steps I did. But first here is how I did "workaround" this bug:
1. Deactivate the "Better Foxtrot"-mod
2. Load a ground-combat savefile
3. Finish the ground combat (I personally just won the mission, just in case)
4. Once back on Geoscape, your Foxtrots should be the default un-modded ones with no problems with the UI and so on. Carry on playing the game!

Among various workaround solutions I tried are following (also mirrored in the save-files):
- Create a new save-files (after the autofile) while the mod is still active, then load the mod
- Decommission all the Foxtrots -> create a new save-file -> disable the mod -> load the “Foxtrotless”-save-file

---
---

Granted, I repeated the mistake @Charon warned of about installing mods during Ground-Combat. But these mods were for the Geospace only (well okay, another one affects the carry capacity of dropships. But at least it wasn’t anything similarly calibered to say “Enhanced Crash Sites” or “Fire in The Hole”-mods are.

Here is my current active mod-list can be seen on the screenshot at the bottom (right above the savefiles containing zip-file).

(( Only mods missing on the image are the “Fix Pack” and “Ambience Forest”, which are included in the “Community Edition”; new mods are shown at the bottom of the list.
As always, I allow the mod-tool to re-organize the mods whenever asked. )) 

---
---
---

2017-01-28 00_11_23-Xenonauts Launcher.png

Xenonauts Better Foxtrot Geospace bug 20170127.zip

Edited by Pave
Okay finally got this post edited enough so the actual main text is now shown. II'll try to do some small edits for clarity reasons.