Alot of small suggestions.

When research is finished have a button to go straight to the research tab.

Instead of making forcing flares on units when it is night time, have a flare dispenser on the transport.

In the personnel tab having the ability to dismiss soldiers. Instead on only via soldier tab.

When training new soldiers making it so the slider does not go to the top every time you train.

Make hunters have more health or more armour, since they can only take 2 shots from plasma rifles which is the same as a soldier. Kind of makes them useless. Or make them have more optionality as in another slot for bonuses, aka extra armour, faster, 2 weapons.

In personal tab have total slots available for personal. Aka if you start with 32 people you have 18 slots available.

Allow for new buildings to be built beside buildings that are currently being built. But if you want to destroy them you must insure they are connected to the rest of the base.

Edited by craftomega

Instead of making forcing flares on units when it is night time, have a flare dispenser on the transport.

How is auto issueing flares to soldiers more of a problem then haveing to manually spend AP on getting them from a dispenser?

Make hunters have more health or more armour, since they can only take 2 shots from plasma rifles which is the same as a soldier. Kind of makes them useless. Or make them have more optionality as in another slot for bonuses, aka extra armour, faster, 2 weapons.
Right now it can move further and destroy fences etc, so I wouldnt say its conpletly useless. But balanceing it is probably going to wait untill beta.
Allow for new buildings to be built beside buildings that are currently being built. But if you want to destroy them you must insure they are connected to the rest of the base.

Building new building next to underconstruction buildings is a balance issue that I'm not sure I agree with.

How is auto issueing flares to soldiers more of a problem then haveing to manually spend AP on getting them from a dispenser?

Not much but it is very annoying to have to remove all the flares manually becuase they wieght so much and make all my guys get very bad negative AP.

1, Chris was talking about having that kind of option on the research window, it is definitely a good idea to be able to either continue the game, go to the xenopedia or stright back to the research lab.

2, The current idea for fixing this should make things better.

Having all my troops queue up for flares before I can get them off the dropship feels far less interesting.

3, Firing soldiers from the personnel screen makes sense with the current layout.

4, You can alter the stats for the hunter yourself in the xml files until you find settings that you feel are more balanced then feed them back via the forum.

5, Knowing how many spaces you have available before you start hiring is always a good idea!

6, Probably not a good plan, you would likely end up with the second building finishing before the one that connected it to the base.

You would be able to have multiple builds but I would limit them to prevent that.

For example a lab takes 15 days so you couldn't place anything with less than 15 days construction time on the unconnected side of it.

Leave it to build until it has 13 days left and then you can place a radar array beyond it.

The 14 day build time of the radar will mean the lab will complete first and not leave a completed building unconnected to the base.

6, Probably not a good plan, you would likely end up with the second building finishing before the one that connected it to the base.

You would be able to have multiple builds but I would limit them to prevent that.

For example a lab takes 15 days so you couldn't place anything with less than 15 days construction time on the unconnected side of it.

Leave it to build until it has 13 days left and then you can place a radar array beyond it.

The 14 day build time of the radar will mean the lab will complete first and not leave a completed building unconnected to the base.

Guaddlike if we go that route I would suggest beeing able to place whichever facility you want, but construction doesn't begin on the new building untill it is connected to fully built tiles.

I wouldn't mind a few flares being placed in my inventory once the weight and flare accumulation issues have been sorted- just as long as they are not replacing my grenades! I find myself missing a grenade on the belt or in the pack on those night missions.

As to construction, I would second the idea of being able to queue up construction projects. As Gorlom said, when construction completes on the first building, any attached buildings that have been queued begin construction. So we still have to wait the same amount of time for everything to be built, but you could basically setup your entire base layout from the start. And obviously canceling construction of a building in progress would also cancel any new buildings in the queue that are not already attached to something else.