[X:CE 0.34.2] Cannot see the indoors through the destroyed roofs

Pave

---
---

So I destroyed the most of the roof of this building with C4 / Plasma-charge (used the latter for this bug), and regardless the angles I cannot see inside the building.
((I haven't yet tried to see if the non-existing "roof" is possible to walk on.))
(((EDIT: You can actually walk on the "roof"; in other words only the roof-"texture" had been blown-off; the screenshot on the right shows my xenonaut walking on the "roof".)))20170116142510_1.jpg

I also accidentally overwrote the savefile before throwing the "C4", but i still have the files for the whole battle.

How to reproduce:
1. Locate this specific building
20170116134401_1.jpg

2. Blow-up (/down?) the roof
20170116135100_1.jpg

3. The "roof" should be still there blocking the field-of-view from atop regardless the angles
20170116135115_1.jpg

---

Unlike before, I actually have activated few extra mods.
If the mod-tool still organizes or otherwise makes sure everything works as they should, then I doubt it's the extra mods causing this bug.
In other words, so far this mod-combination has worked just fine for about ten (10) most recent ground-combat-battles.

((Not certain about "reaper-zombies" going invisible from time to time during this specific ground-combat though, when they get damaged and reappear once "spotted" again by moving one of the Xenonaut-tokens (the bug is shown in the screenshot number-"20170116132826_1" in the zip-folder as a floating shadow).))

---

2017-01-16 13_59_43-Xenonauts Launcher.png

---

---
ZIP-File-Download:
---
Xenonauts Invisible Roof bug 20170116.zip

---
---
---

Edited by Pave

This bug is caused by some "ground tiles" (all tiles that are designed to be walked upon) not correctly using the damage overlays that ground tiles are supposed to use. Ground tiles are hardcoded to always block LOS and z-level movement in all tile states (default, damaged and destroyed) because they're not meant to be destroyed normally like other tiles, and instead have damage overlays applied to them.

You can properly destroy ground tiles by collapsing buildings, but there's some bugs with the whole building destruction system that can cause buildings to not collapse. I'm working on fixing the building destruction system for the next Xenonauts Fix Pack update, along with this particular issue with some ground tiles having faulty settings for their damage overlays. 

The "invisible" reaper zombies might be related to a bug with the collapse system and ground tiles. Sometimes collapsed ground tiles create a weird tile state that causes units entering it to become "invisible" (only visually, they're still treated as normal). I couldn't figure out what causes it and it happens randomly. It's probably a bug in the code itself, so there's nothing I can do to fix it for the Fix Pack.  In my experience that particular bug should mostly affect flying units though and they become visible again after touching a ground tile.

• Like 1