Iron man mode

Iron man mode is very interesting. I think you are on to something there. Here are a couple suggestions that would make it more friendly.

1. It is not re-arming my squad in between missions automatically and doesn't give me much time to do it. I dont mind doing it myself as long as there is something to let me know I need to. I was expecting my soldiers to grab ammo and grenades and then ended up on the battlefield with nothing but their good looks.

2. I like how it goes quickly from one mission to the next, however maybe something to let me the specifics of the situation. Where it is, whats going on, that kind of thing.

3. Research should be more a part of the game. What do you think about getting something tangible out of everything that is discovered. Not necessarily big new weapons but small things like training upgrades that gives all soldiers I train 1 extra accuracy. Maybe researching new base facilities such as firing ranges might be in order?

4. Also, shouldn't there be a way to change camera angle in battle mode? If not then do you think the game should automatically make walls invisible when the player has soldiers on the other side?

I want to thank you all for all of your hard work. . I have been waiting what seems like decades for this game. It is going to be great. .

Edited by othello420

What do you mean quickly from one mission to the next? That sounds more like debug mode rather then ironman... Are the missions starting up without the need to intercept a UFO (after the first)?

About 3: I don't really see the need for that. It would make balanceing much harder. Giving every research a tangible bonus would imo contribute to makeing the story of the game feel smaller. If everything has to be important it loses some of its world building effect... at least for me. I like fluff and storytelling that expands beyond the bare minimum.

4: no the game is in 2d. if it was in 3d you would be able to change camera angel but with 2d that would just change the orientation of the sprites (to horizontal or upside down). the units has sprites for every angle but the buildings doesn't have that so they are much harder to rotate given that they are bigger then 1x1 squares.

Edited by Gorlom

4. Also, shouldn't there be a way to change camera angle in battle mode? If not then do you think the game should automatically make walls invisible when the player has soldiers on the other side?

The developers are working on that. Until it's functional, you can use the "TGL RF" button during battles to get a better overview. It might not work one hundred percent, though.