[V 9.4 ground combat] No target reticule or chance to hit on open ground

I noticed this when I was chucking some flares around.

If your cursor is on open ground you do not get your chance to hit or the target sight shown. It turns up when it is outside your LOS area, over a movement selected path, on enemies and walls and other targetable things.

This applies to all weapons, I think. I just noticed it when I actually wanted to hit some open ground with a flare.

Hmmm, it's not a bug, but it could be improved. For throwing grenades I think we probably need the green tile. The reason it was disabled was simply because you could use it to "scout" the map as it displays under the terrain items when you move it about.

We could implement it differently for grenades though, because grenades should only be able to land on full tiles anyway - it doesn't really make sense to throw them at walls etc. This is a bug, but a minor one.

Well, you already can. You just click on the grenade picture and then pick which tile to throw at. It's just right now the green square isn't shown if you go off the revealed tiles, and you're also able to throw grenades at walls (which sit in-between tiles).