Xenonauts X-pansion Pack

Policenaut

The late January release has been delayed because of the Scimitar's ability to drive through buildings being tied to the Xenonauts Fix Pack 1.4 update I'm working on, which aims to fix the many mapping/tile errors related to buildings. I haven't been able to playtest much because fixing the building errors is taking quite some time, so I'm wondering if there's interest in me releasing a beta version exclusive to the forums and have you guys help me with playtesting?

Aside from the Scimitar thing it's feature complete but there's a bunch of things I haven't had the chance to test properly like the balance of the new UFOs, weapons, aliens, alien crews, the redesigned alien bases and so on.

EDIT: Well, I guess delaying the release until I get the Xenonauts Fix Pack ready won't hurt from the look of things. I'll refrain from giving an ETA again, but I've gone through half the tilesets when it comes to fixing the buildings.

Edited by Policenaut
update

• 2 weeks later...

@Solver and @Policenaut

Regarding the issue of making the airgame LESS important, especially in comparasion to the GC I thought about that you could potentially shift the relationship bonus on shooting down a UFO towards having a successful GC mission, just like in XCOM Enemy Unknown.

If a UFO should grant 60 relationship points you can put 20 on the actual shootdown and 40 for the successful mission. All of this is possible with the current code we have.

A point to note though, this change would totally change up the vanilla game and would need another balance cycle to get the sweet spot for this as well as being a different game than the vanilla one.

So this might not be something for XCE, but maybe something for the X-Pansion Pack.

So we have another X mod i guess :D ?

@Policenaut

We have a someone here who really likes to map, if you can give her any advice, mostly general, that would be appreciated since i dont know anything about mapping. Thx :).

Especially if we can make the maps bigger than 128x128, or if it breaks the game. And how do you force the game to take a map for easy testing ?

Edited by Charon

• 2 weeks later...
On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 9:36 PM, Charon said:

@Policenaut

We have a someone here who really likes to map, if you can give her any advice, mostly general, that would be appreciated since i dont know anything about mapping. Thx :).

Especially if we can make the maps bigger than 128x128, or if it breaks the game. And how do you force the game to take a map for easy testing ?

I'm not sure if giant maps will break the game but they give worse performance on weaker systems. I test maps by utilizing one of the new tileset groups added by X:CE and editing the tileset/town mask to only spawn that tileset. There was a method to force specific maps according to old threads on the forum but I couldn't get it to work in the latest versions of Xenonauts.