alien base strikes

garyg

A small  addition to a mod that I would like to see would be the ability to airstrike or bombing strike an alien base that you don't want to do by ground attack. I really dislike alien bases and loose too many veterans when attempting. An airstrike like done for ufo's on the ground would be great. I would lose a lot of resources but it would be worth it sometimes. Is this a feature in a mod that I'm not aware of?

41 minutes ago, garyg said:

A small  addition to a mod that I would like to see would be the ability to airstrike or bombing strike an alien base that you don't want to do by ground attack. I really dislike alien bases and loose too many veterans when attempting. An airstrike like done for ufo's on the ground would be great. I would lose a lot of resources but it would be worth it sometimes. Is this a feature in a mod that I'm not aware of?

Probably it's impossible.

The bases are mostly hidden underground structures and they have a huge point for ground combat as the hardest one. If you take all the hard and challenging part from the game, where is the point at accomplishing something?

If you lose someone at default Xenonauts game, it's probably you go hurry..

• 3 weeks later...

That would be nice. I think its balance thing - underground or not, good placed nuke will kill it. So it should be an option, but it should be costly - for one no loot from nuked base, for second significant drop in funds from that region - local politicians dislikes such treating of their lands... Also it could need special bombs to be researched first.

But also i would like to have option to airstrike landed UFO - if its very as grounded as one shooted down, its same ground target. But to not making it easy - UFO should have some chance to get airborne just before airstrike - so its random when you do that - or UFO is destroyed and you get similar loot as from airstriking shooted down UFO (or liitle more, UFO in this scenario is shooted at once, not twice and crashed so less equipment damage) or it gets airborne and airstrike failed.