Is there any intent to have a techtree overview anywhere so that you can see what is needed to unlock which research option?

I was just thinking that (unless you are going to include it already some other way) how about makeing it unlockable (after completeing the game once) you can from the new game screen open up an image that shows the complete techtree(with prequsits and everything).

It allways bugged me on the old games that you could'nt really find a techtree overview or even sometimes figure out what was a prequisit for what or why some research didnt trigger. It probably shouldn't be available from the start but after one complete playthrough you have atleast researched 90%+ of the techtree once already...

If a research project is a pre req for anything else then it would be nice to have a bit of text telling you what else you might need.

After researching alien plasma tech for example you could have "Once we work out how to make laser weaponry viable we can work on heavier man portable and vehicle weapons".

Otherwise I prefer not to have the whole research tree visible.

Someone will put a nice picture up online within a couple of hours of release anyway for those who are interested.

Quick tweak to the Xenopedia files and it will be an in game entry you can look at any time you want.

True.. but Id rather have it in the new game menu then available anytime during a play session =P

s an unlockable it would have a bit of a reward feeling and you wouldn't have it on the firt play through.

It feels wrong to have it in the xenopedia section. 4th wall breaking even.

PS. I don't really have that high hopes for this suggestion, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Edited by Gorlom

No, we're not going to put in an actual tech tree. The Xenopedia descriptions give hints, and the new UI should have a hints system where the scientist will tell you what you're missing for potentially interesting new technology they're close to being able to develop.