Sign in to follow this  
MacGyverDTH

Language - only english ?

Hello,

for the beginning i suppose the game will be only available in english language. But is there a chance that we get a german language update later ? Or is it maybe possible for german fans to translate the game in german themselves and provide a german patch for the game ? Thats because my english is not the best, and i think in the game will be many words (in the research for example) which i will not understand...

Greets, Mac

Yeah translations should be due after the game is released (or at least in beta), and German is one of the languages I'm keen to do it for.

Hey Chris maybe it is possible to not make the languages hardcodet..

so the people can make a fan lag. pack for other languages like italy, spanish and so on..

The majority of the text for the game is in xml files that can be easily edited by anyone with notepad.

It would be incredibly time consuming though!

Oh but they don't support non English characters at the moment.

Oh but they don't support non English characters at the moment.

No, they sure don't.. *grømblæ*

It is imperative that support for Scandinavian characters be added, lest the German-speaking folk become mighty miffed.

Not to mention yours truly who shall not settle for an anglicised corruption of his surname.

At least I could name a soldier "YHDEKSäNKYMMENTAä" and another one to "åLDERSKRäMPöR" so I rest assured that EBCDIC-278 is implemented :)

, but since the game force Capital letter upon everything (that can be seen), I take this opportunity to ask for a difference between I and 1, kind of looks the same to me.