Improved LOS range from higher levels

I would like to see an advantage to sending your sniper up onto the roof of a building. Perhaps doubling LOS range per level? That might sound like a lot, but you really can see way further from up on top of a building.

Perhaps half again per level, if you thought doubling was too much.

Of course, this would not affect the darkness at night (which I think does not really have that much effect at the moment)

Edited by winterwolves
Added the darkness comment.

Hey man, I'm 99.99% certain that's already planned, Chris has mentioned it in a prior post I'm sure. Either way, I thoroughly agree that it would be a good addition and an incentive to fight for the high ground (AI permitting, for the aliens too, not just for us)

In addition to the LOS buff, I think the cover value of objects could also be negated to some extent, to represent the sniper being able to get a better angle on his target from the high ground.

You've just reminded me actually; has anybody else noticed that at present, when firing from a higher level you don't see your soldier take the shot and there's no tracer round displayed? All you see is a delay as the shot is fired (hidden from view) and then the alien reacting if it's hit.

The camera doesn't track between levels at the moment.

The cover value of objects is supposed to be reduced or negated by firing from an elevated position, not sure if it is implemented yet.

Being higher up also means that you can fire over any large objects that would be between you and the target.

Taking into account the fact that you can fire on anything that you have an unobstructed line to, as long as any one of your troops can see it, and being elevated already has some nice advantages.

Increasing their vision range may be too much on top of all that if the increase is to large.

A sniper on a roof in one map corner could shoot at an alien stood in the far corner, provided he was above roof level of any other buildings in the way.

He might not hit because of the range but you can take the shot at least.