v9.31 - Wolf Armour and Lasers still unavailable to research?

Hey all,

So I read that Wolf Armour and Laser Weapons had been patched back into the tech tree, but having research alloys, both plasma weapons, plasma tech and Alenium I still never had the research projects appear. The other new research content was there, such as the alien autopsy, so I'm not sure if this was a bug or an oversight.

Anybody else experienced this?

Cheers

The querstion is - how to get them :alien navigation and powersource ? Shouldn't be in every UFO? Especially landed one? I remember in UFO most parts like ufo navigation was destroyed on crash sites. Landed UFO was the best place to get stuff. Is it working like that in xenonauts?

If you can't finish a ground combat with more than one alien, I don't see how you could get them. It used to be navigation from a scout and power source from the evil shed corvette didn't it? Or was it the other way around. I have not actually been able to engage a corvette in the last couple of builds now, so I can't remember.

As of the last time I played 9.31 (Friday), I couldn't research laser weapons. Oddly a #### entry with the image for the laser pistol in the Manufacturing page appeared to roughly coincide with when I could make Alenium missiles/Torps, but no actual research topics for lasers.

Oh, and fwiw, Alien Power Sources come from the bigger Scouts. Corvettes might very well carry navigation, but as of 9.31, it was impossible to do a crash site with them (game crashes on loading GC).

Corvettes might very well carry navigation, but

You not need this for laser weapons and armor, as Chris said - you need Alenium and Alien Alloys for fabrication. And plasma pistol and plasma rifle for plasma technology. All this you can obtain from scout and light scout. But there something what can broke researches, not sure what and don't know is this issue still here.

research.JPG

research.JPG

research.thumb.JPG.bd7f7db23fa664283f497

Edited by zzz

Yeah, as of 9.4, this still isn't working.

Have researched Plasma Pistol and Rifles, Power Source, Alenium and Alien Alloys but have not been granted the ability to research Alien Alloy Fabrication OR Alien Plasma Technology.

Unless the chart zzz posted is wrong, then I think there's a bug, possibly with Alien Plasma Technology not being unlocked as that's not available for research after you do the two plasma guns.

For reference, I have saved and loaded during this session (Hidden Movement screen freeze's fault).

Aha! Deffo something to do with saving/loading.

After a tedious session of waiting (and crashing at GroundCombat) until I'd gathered all the needed items so I could do the research in one concurrent session, I did managed to reseach AAF and Alien Plasma Tech, plus the ones they lead on to.

I did this by not doing any research until I could do them all together, and I ignored crash sites while I was researching. It does prove that they're unlockable, but there's definitely something wrong with the saving/loading system not logging the research you've previously done correctly (it shows up in the Xenopedia regardless).