Proposed Kickstarter reward tiers!

I would go for a quality t-shirt at some price range, i dont know much about kickstarters, i thought it was like a charity......., but the rewards look ok to me, however putting 500+(for instance)different people faces in the game is going to be time consuming....

...however putting 500+(for instance)different people faces in the game is going to be time consuming....

Chris can limit the times a certain level can be bought when he makes the Kickstarter as far as I know.

Anyway, the revised kickstarter seems good, but I agree with Kilrathi. Bump the name dropping a tiny bit higher (It's what I'll be going for as well tbh. :P) I was also worried about the multiple choices though. That might create a heap of work? One solution is to have two levels of the same cost, where one is poster, and the other is art book.

Yeah, I think we'd want to price the face thing high enough that there was an absolutely maximum of 50 faces to add to the game (we can slap a limit on it anyway). Maybe even as low as 30.

T-shirts are probably worthwhile. I'm looking into the prices now. I'm not keen to put fluff research topics in though, given we've gone to great lengths to make everything that is researchable useful. Hmmm.

@IceVamp - Yup, we'll have several $50 reward options, one having a poster, one having a T-shirt, one having a PDF art book etc. I might actually scrap the poster altogether as I suspect it'll be a nightmare to post but we'll see.

Are you sure you want to put options on the tiers? That seems like it might create a lot more work and complicate things for you.

That shouldn't cause that much work. after the funding period ends kickstarter will let Chris send out a survey.

Alternativly he could create several reward tiers at the same dollar value, and people simply pick the option they want.

How much does airplane ticktes cost to USA? I'm surprised that you are offering to come to the donator Chris. Won't that eat up quite a bit of their donation? I might be overthinking it but I think donators (even of lower tiers) would be happier if they thought as much of the donated money as possible went into the game rather than pay for travel expenses. Even if it is the donors money for that particular reward.

Edited by Gorlom

Perhaps this is the wrong time and thread to ask this, but are you going to create a list of game improvements that will be added at specific funding levels? I imagine that's as important if not more so to the average Kickstarter contributor.

Good question - What are you thinking about as the goal amount? And like Akavit said, you could go on to list things to add if you get at certain levels above it. Though it can be a bit dangerous tbh. If it doesn't get 1000% funded people might think it won't be "complete" without all those fantastic features.

Up to around $250 I think you need to give "bang for the buck". Donators in that range look for goodies and extra stuff and compare tiers by the dollar to see what's the "value for dollar" in each

In the high value tiers backers look for future value, very rare collectables/art, memories to stay, etc. Some may be just die-hard fans, but they are not fools. Others could be even investors in the niche collectable videgame items market

Decide which tier that you would like the most to get backging from. Put the best "bang for the buck" there. Could be the $30 or $50 tier?

Try to keep the $50-75 range simple. Why not just include all the 3 items? If there are too many choices, you just get whining in the comments and forums.

One more thing: I think it is important to emphasize in the project description that the game will come out, it has a budget, and Kickstarter is used to add more features, art, etc. The funding goal should be set accordingly: what are the ideas you had to scrap due to limited budget and time?

As for the value, I recommend to set a modest 50 or 100k ("modest" when compared to the successes of Double Fine, Wasteland, etc), but still not as low to give a "garage team" feeling.

Also important to say clearly that the game is planned for release this year. So, the additional funds will be used quickly and will not delay the release (that is the plan, right?).

Yup, the KS total would be set at $50,000 although I'd hope to make more than that and we'll emphasise the game will be released anyway.

Just a straw poll, what goodies are you guys most interested in (irrespective of price)?

Yup, the KS total would be set at $50,000 although I'd hope to make more than that and we'll emphasise the game will be released anyway.

Just a straw poll, what goodies are you guys most interested in (irrespective of price)?

proper artbook seems really nice, other than that the soldiername/portrait, name in credits and a lunch with you seems like the really good stuff :D

I want the soundtrack... which is why I went premium to start with <3

Edit: If we want to support the effort farther via the kickstarter and we have already pre-ordered that will net us a second copy of the game + any rewards correct? Which we could then say give away to whomever we wish?

Edited by Hellstormer

Doubt I'll be going beyond my current 30$ because I don't want to be bothered with any shipping and I'm quite paranoid when it comes to the postal services actually delivering the goods.

I have no wall room for posters and art books are nice but one rarely looks through them more than once so they end up being more of a shelf decoration. What interests me most are the soundtrack and the dev diary (always wanted to peek inside one of those game design documents) so 30$ already gives me the things I truly want.

The edited edited list looks like a further improvement Chris! Top tiers are much more tempting now. :D

What I'd like in this is the hard cover art book, developer diary, and a chance for my name on a soldier. Getting the physical game isn't fantastic, but if that sorta "happens" on the way to get the art book, then I'm not going to be angry. :P As long as I can always download it digitally. Discs get damaged or lost.

I think you should add "must be female between 20 and 30 years old, no more than 120lbs" to the 5000$ reward. Never miss an opportunity Chris, no reason why the lunch shouldn't be a pleasant affair. ;)

Would the signed art book be guaranteed to be limited in numbers (and numbered)?

Also who would sign it?

Wouldn't be limited (at least according to the current proposal) but it might not be a bad idea. Chris would sign it of course. Remember that the rest of his team is scattered across the globe.

Edited by Jean-Luc

That was why I was asking.

If the book is a display of the art created by the artists then I would expect the artist to sign his own work.

Of course Chris would probably write an introduction or foreword and sign that page.

It would be like getting your new Ozzie CD signed by one of the producers.

Interesting to some but not really what you would expect.

Problem is the cost increase if you had to ship the books to several countries to get them signed.