v9.31 - unable to modify xml files

jimbobfury

Hi,

As the title says; after downloading the latest patch I'm unable to modify any values within the games files.

Is anybody else having this issue? I seemed to have a few problems getting the patch, so maybe it's linked to that?

I'd been working on a weapons balance mod, so I'm hoping this is maybe an error, rather than an intentional change...

Hmmm. I looked around and the permissions of the folder had all changed around for some reason, so I had to modify those and now I can edit them again. Odd, as I definitely didn't make the change.

If you don't mind me asking, how familiar are you with the config, Gauddlike? I'd been playing around with the values back in 9.2 and when I opened the file in 9.31 I'm sure some of the accuracy values where different to the original settings, but different to what I'd changed them to in 9.2. I wondered if Chris had started making some balance tweaks maybe? It certainly seemed to feel different in-game too, with more shots I tried to make with a lower 'to hit' chance missing the target. (which is a good thing, as I felt the shots were too accurate beforehand)

Did you keep a backup you can compare to?

I haven't bothered much with tweaking the weapon stats yet so I can't remember specific values for them.

A little investigation later though I noticed that Quartermaster posted some screen shots of his program opening up weapon files and the accuracy for the assault rifle and machine gun are definitely lower in the latest file.

Chris must have been doing some tweaking himself ready for the demo.

If you have come up with a set of numbers you feel works well maybe now would be a good time to put them into a balance thread and see what others think when they try them?

That's exactly what I thought, the base accuracy was 100 for the snap shot on the assault rifle before, I'm sure.

I may well post up my suggestions. They might not be to everyone's taste but I've been enjoying the game more since tweaking the values a little.

Cheers mate.