This is a small patch for Build V9.3 because for some reason I forgot to re-compile the .exe files before I released the build, so they are a bit out of date.

This should:

- Fix the game starting in a window and skipping the launcher.

- Fix a bug where the game crashes if you open your inventory above an alien corpse (as the alien plasma clip images were incorrectly set)

- Add a new image for the Alien Alloys research.

Got a wierd bug in 9.3 where after manufacturing a bunch of MiGs resulted in in having 0/20 technicians unassigned after the run was done. Is that due to the exe's being out of date?

Basically no technicians availible unless I hired more.

Edited by Sathra
clearing it up

Wow...... had a crappy couple of days, and didnt check any updates.... just got home from one heck of a day at work..... settle down with a cold beer in the hand, catch up on the internets.... and BOOM! what a nice surprise! Good job chaps! you deserve a pat on the back!!!!!! Now to get playing...!!!!!! This is just screaming along at the moment... you guys rock! Cheers ..... *glugglugglug*

Wow...... had a crappy couple of days, and didnt check any updates.... just got home from one heck of a day at work..... settle down with a cold beer in the hand, catch up on the internets.... and BOOM! what a nice surprise! Good job chaps! you deserve a pat on the back!!!!!! Now to get playing...!!!!!! This is just screaming along at the moment... you guys rock! Cheers ..... *glugglugglug*

+1

After opening Desura go to the play tab that lists all your games. There should be a circle made out of 2 arrows othe left of the text "ready" in your client. clicking that should update your game. If you cn't see that circle your game is probably already updated. (the splash screen should say 9.31)

If you are not useing the client you can't update but will have to download the whole zip again.

Thanks Gorlom.

When I go into Desura and then play I see my Xenonauts game. There are no arrows, circles or arrows forming circles. I get a 'ready'. On loading the ready, it comes up with 9.2.

There is a little star thingy for updates. When I press thay I get to a screen that allows me to refresh updates. I do that and it tells me there aren't any.

Deep joy in downloading the whole thing again...

The game is updating, but has been at 0% for half an hour.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Full story so far...

logging off of Desura and back on gave me the little arrow thingies.

So I press to get an update.

Then I get a large server error message

then it tells me the game is ready again, as in already downloaded. Needless to say it's still 9.2

I log back out and back in again.

So much for getting a look at 9.3 tonight.

Not enjoying my Desura experience in the slightest.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes, Desura updates are kind of fishy, at least for Xenonauts. For me, they do show up as they should, but they take forever to verify/check/whatever it does. For me, it often sort of locks at about 50%. It does eventually continue, though, but it's always strange. One time, I hid the update progress window (or maybe I closed it) which made the whole process go awry. I had to fully uninstall and reinstall Xenonauts to get the newer version, because another "update arrows" just wouldn't show up.

thanks for the support guys.

Following on from my last post, it's been constant errors in validating files. I've reset my router, allowed Desura access to ports, tried all of the updating options and changed firewall settings (only for desura I hasten to add)... My conclusion is that it continues to be a very frustrating experience that I've only perservered with because of the ease of getting quick updates.

I think I'll just uninstall it entirely and go back to full downloads.