[V 9.3 - Ground Combat] - game freeze during Hidden movement

This is exactly what is here called "game freeze during Hidden movement" And whole thread about this issue.

The game was not technically "frozen" though - music still playing, and the application still considered "responsive" by Windows. More like endless, background loop of some script than a "freeze" which halts the application and makes it not responsive.

Anyways - bug is a bug.

Interestingly, I just had the HMSF without the Hidden Movement screen.

This happened with a civvie AI in the farmtileset, who in plain sight of a group of my xenonauts at the end of a turn, span around 3 times before the game froze with him pointing NW.

Game still "active" in that I had sound and the flame animations were playing, but scrolling wouldn't function and it didn't progress from there.

Earlier today I made it through the whole "Quick Battle" terror mission without the HM bug. Trying a few more to see if I just got lucky though.

Edit: nope just got lucky once! The next 2 times froze up on me. Time to quickfix it ;)

Edited by Hellstormer

I see Matthew's note it will be fixed in the next build, but just noted something that might be of interest.

Did a Quick Battle, and got a heavily damaged soldier (with 5 in health).

During the alien turn, they blew up the Hunter but the game played on, until they killed that guy and he got -20/5 in health, then the game froze. So could it be overkill, getting a negative number in the health counter that is one reason the game freezes?

I've tried to find something about it, apologies if it was reported already.

PVT. DeMente

I see Matthew's note it will be fixed in the next build, but just noted something that might be of interest.

Did a Quick Battle, and got a heavily damaged soldier (with 5 in health).

During the alien turn, they blew up the Hunter but the game played on, until they killed that guy and he got -20/5 in health, then the game froze. So could it be overkill, getting a negative number in the health counter that is one reason the game freezes?

I've tried to find something about it, apologies if it was reported already.

PVT. DeMente

No i think that happens almost every time a guy dies.