something wrong here!

garyg

XCE with mods: Most aliens are dying from two or three stun grenades, one or two electro stun grenades, and sometimes even the shock baton kills them.  The alien falls down and looks to be stunned but at the end tally he is listed as executed.  Almost impossible to stun an alien of any kind. I have run through the game 2 or 3 times with the same problem. This really needs to be fixed!!!

I thought you had to capture one of every type of alien officer and each had to be interrogated in your research lab. I had the Caesan already but don't remember getting a Sebellian yet. Too bad there is no history type data to check on. I still think stunning is too difficult. 

No, you only need one Officer. When you interrogate an Officer, your objective should change to "capture an alien Leader". Though it's useful to capture one alien of every race for the extra bonuses.

Stunning the higher-level aliens is a bit more difficult, but for the most part, it's not that difficult. You can stun lower-levels aliens just with stun gas or electro grenades quite easily. For higher-level aliens, prepare a soldier with a stun rod - take a soldier with high TUs, give them a stun rod, and hide them near the alien. On the next turn, suppress the alien, run your stun jockey up and stick the baton upon the alien's exhaust port, 2-3 hits will do it.

Okay, stunning Praetors is still kinda challenging (in X:CE, not in vanilla), but they're the super-badass masterminds of the alien invasion, and should be expected to put up a fight.