[V1.65L - Linux - Ground Combat] Freeze on aiming

Situation: Troops are deployed on the first ground mission, everyone is still in dropship. When pressing the weapon aim or grenade throw button, the game freezes for several seconds before drawing a path from soldier to cursor, drawing crosshair etc. If the cursor is still, right clicking to toggle aim precision works without freezes. When trying to move the cursor while aiming, every attempt meets several seconds of freeze.

When I changed elevation level to 2 or 3, freezes disappeared for most of the area where cursor was being moved. There were some zones (dropship itself, three tiles range southeast from container), where mouse movement over them produces short freezes.

Windowed mode didn't help.

I did try and install compatibility version and play it on wine, but there were some GUI bugs (soldier inventory screen - equipment mass threshold wasn't rendered; global map - radar ranges on new base installation weren't drawn except for only one range) and ultimate freeze, from which I could recover only by hard-rebooting my laptop.

Output log has approx. 1400 lines similar to these:

[19:20:04]TTextureData::Lock - Locking texture[uitextures/interceptorbuttonmask?slow] prior to it being loaded.
[19:20:04]TTextureData::Lock - Locking texture[uitextures/humanbasebuttonmask?slow] prior to it being loaded.

Screenshot of the area:

http://imgur.com/a/wYyxm

System: ASUS X550LB, Linux Mint 18, Intel Core i5 4200U, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M, SSD

Edited by nioth