X-Division Team @XCE Solver Questions

Charon

8 minutes ago, Solver said:

I don't see anything limiting in the code. Any grenade should work.

Perhaps there's something different with the weapon/ammo definition given that the alien grenade shows 1/1 ammo and normal grenades don't.

Indeed. human variants dont have that. So whats the difference, as i have also seen 0/1 grenades working perfectly fine, if thrown by a human.

I'm not sure if I've ever picked up an alien grenade. All I can say is that the game definitely recognizes it's a grenade because there's a slot in the quickthrow, even if it's empty. Beyond that I have no immediate answer - I don't see a limit by name or such in the code, so it's something more subtle.

27 minutes ago, Solver said:

I don't see anything limiting in the code. Any grenade should work.

Perhaps there's something different with the weapon/ammo definition given that the alien grenade shows 1/1 ammo and normal grenades don't.

Ive checked, and vanilla grenades get a proper visual representation without the 1/1 thing.

Now where did we go wrong here ... ?

Got it, the game doesnt allow capital letters or the xml name has to start with weapon.alien***. Either way, changing weapon.AlienAdvGrenade to weapon.alienadvgrenade works.

Thinking about that this kind of thing could cause other problems, for instance for weapons as well, is unpleasant.

I guess, ill be busy changing the weapons.xml, weapons_gc.xml, aiprops and strings for a few grenades after it took me 7 hours to find this out.

If you excuse me, i have actual work to do now.

EDIT: Thx for the help Solver :).

Edited by Charon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

20:40 - Charon: the point is that every time a base gets successfully raided the countrys relationship bonus gets set to the value which gets defined in the gameconfig

EDIT: instead of only when the country is lost. Mind that only the last base in that country should count as retaking the country, not that every single base in a country has the possibility to retakea country.

Thx :)

Edited by Charon

• 2 weeks later...

PRECASE of Xenonauts Base Retaken feauture:

Heres an example of the Xenonaut Base retaken code lines. Works good, a few things to note though:

I guess the size of the alien base is ticker controlled ? It would be good to have some kind of control over what spawns similar to the other code lines. -1 for alien ticker value related, 0 and above for actual values.

Scientists and trolls dont get killed during the assault, i guess they are too valuable :D. Nah, just kidding, i guess you could check if you want it like that.

I didnt test items regain, but you might want to double check that as well, because i supsect items will get regained too.

I don't actually remember how it was supposed to work. I think you're supposed to lose the airplanes and personnel but keep the buildings. And yes, it would be cool to fight in the Xenonaut base layout, but that was more challenging to implement, this is easy.

23 minutes ago, Solver said:

I don't actually remember how it was supposed to work. I think you're supposed to lose the airplanes and personnel but keep the buildings. And yes, it would be cool to fight in the Xenonaut base layout, but that was more challenging to implement, this is easy.

5 hours ago, Charon said:

Scientists and trolls dont get killed during the assault, i guess they are too valuable :D. Nah, just kidding, i guess you could check if you want it like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Latest tests suggest that the ability "Robotic" does not provide the andron immunity to stun nor does it make it vulnerable to emp.

[6680] Soldier (AI 67) hit melee:
[6680]   random value (83) > chance to hit shield (0)  => hit unit
[6680]   armour damage reduction (0) = max(0, armour resistance (0) - armour mitigation (100))
[6680]   damage (1) = max(0, damage (1) - armour damage reduction (0))
[6680] Unit HP (14) = max( -20, unit HP (15) - damage (1) )
[6680] Unit stun HP (15) = max( 0, unit stun HP (15) - damage (0) )
[6680]   stun damage (11) = max(0, stun damage (11) - armour damage reduction (0)
[6680] Unit stun HP (4) = max( 0, unit stun HP (15) - damage (11) )
[6680] Trying to play animation injured_ENY
[6680]   morale change by (-0.500) = damage (1) * moraleRate (-0.500)
[6680] morale (100) = max(100, min(0, morale (100) + value (0))) (alien: AI 67)
[3276] InputReportBuffer:3, 1, ed, 64, 0 

So how do i get the robotics trait on my units ?

Edited by Charon