Xenonauts: Community Edition 0.34.2 BETA

Solver

This is the beta release of X:CE 0.34.2, which is quite close to the final version - some changes will likely be made, but not many.

A preview version of 0.34.2 has been released. Testing of it is very welcome, but for now 0.34.1 remains the latest official version. 

Installation

Since this is a preview version, it will not be uploaded to Steam. A manual installation is required. The process is the same as 0.34:

1. Download the base mod and the mod package.

2. Launch the old version of the game, install the base mod using Modding Tools. You should see 0.35 UNSTABLE as a version, which actually should be changed later. Alternatively: extract the base mod into assets/mods/xce, overwriting everything.

3. Exit the game launcher.

4. Run the new executable from assets/mods/xce. It should display the version 0.34.2 Preview. Using this launcher, go to Modding Tools and install the mod pack.

5. You can now play from assets/mods/xce, or optionally copy the files to the main game installation folder.

Changes summary (from 0.34.2 Preview)

• Fixed the string that gets displayed if an alien base is detected by an airplane.
  • Sorted categories alphabetically in the Workshop menu.
  • Added thumbnail images for different building sizes. Buildings such as a 3x2 large hangar are now supported and will not crash the game.
  • Items in the Stores screen can now be supported.
  • A modded screen can now also show the item category in the Stores screen.
  • items.xml now has a Sort order column that can override the sorting order in the stores screen.
  • Extra sizes for alien bases that can now be used to create some unique missions.
  • In the soldier equip screen, 4 more weapon tabs and 3 more equipment tabs can be used with Draku's modded screen.
  • In the workshop screen, a custom description may now be shown for any manufacturable item.
  • Included the Xenonauts Fix Pack mod that fixes many spectre/map issues, thanks to Policenaut.
  • Included fixes to bookshelf props on various maps, thanks to Policenaut.

Outstanding items

The Terror cooldown issue is still not fixed.

Solver; 

Is there a way to make the spawn action at beginning of the alien turn rather then at the end? I mean, spawned creature don't move at the spawned turn. It makes it very vulnerable at that turn. If there is way to make it move when spawned it would be nearly end of the problems at spawn system. Please check it.

On 10/9/2016 at 9:41 PM, drages said:

Solver; 

Is there a way to make the spawn action at beginning of the alien turn rather then at the end? I mean, spawned creature don't move at the spawned turn. It makes it very vulnerable at that turn. If there is way to make it move when spawned it would be nearly end of the problems at spawn system. Please check it.

Any thing about this?

25 minutes ago, Solver said:

I don't want to break the behaviour of default game zombies.

I can see your point, you don't want to have zombies with full TU at the turn they spawned. It's bad because we can't use the "spawn chain" at weak to average enemies, because if they change/spawn in front of the our soldiers, you can easily kill them.

I want to implement the real "xenomorph" chain into the game. It's a big thing, like you can make this first time in game history.

I want to use egg>facehugger>zombi>xenomoprh drone>xenomorph warrior. Egg became facehugger, facehugger hits to victim to change it zombi ( it lies very limited time and goes to a coma state or another facehugger without zombify ability ) , zombi became a drone after some turns or killed and weak drone evolve to a warrior. The last chain could be updated with different xeno combinations. But i want to this to create the real xeno breeding cycle. Even UFO's will bring "civillians" as hosts and they will turn to xenos to create the Alien atmosphere.

At this chain our problem is the part from zombi to xeno and drone to warror. Drone is weak and warrior is average units which could be killed with 2-3 soldier fire. So if they can't move when they spawned there are so easy targets. It brings to that question: "Does it worth to create all this chain and events for a creature which will die probably even before it moves?"..

I need your help here Solver.. for all Aliens and Xeno lovers..

Edited by drages

When you do the implementation, I guess things will be better than you expect. As long as there are some other aliens on the map. X-Division is not easy, players will not always be able to have soldiers in a position to fire freely during that one turn of immobility. I guess most of the time they will be busy dealing with other aliens, sometimes able to get a shot in. But they won't be executing newly-spawned aliens all the time.

6 minutes ago, Solver said:

When you do the implementation, I guess things will be better than you expect. As long as there are some other aliens on the map. X-Division is not easy, players will not always be able to have soldiers in a position to fire freely during that one turn of immobility. I guess most of the time they will be busy dealing with other aliens, sometimes able to get a shot in. But they won't be executing newly-spawned aliens all the time.

Very wise point indeed.. Lets do it as it's then..

(Not about game but about the signature at forum, it's very few options you can choose at edit, like no font choosing, no color, no anything.. can you make it richer?)

10 minutes ago, Solver said:

I'm more tempted to limit images in signatures than anything. Signatures should ideally be short, a few lines maybe linking to something. Not take up more space than most posts, as it is now.

I am against totally for big, huge images at signatures. And the only imaged signatures are at our team as i see :), but they are not so big, as i put a new more little one. But without those, forum becomes a boring text walls too.. We are living on a visual world now, most people don't care to read more then 3 lines of text if there is nothing to take their attentions... need to have a balance there for sure.. i want to point the text edit is very very limited that nearly non at signature creating. For example, even i see the words i used at my signature as black at edit, it became a grey when i save and there is no control on text rather then bold and italic now.

Great, because I hate colored signatures :) I still prefer Internet forums that are close to plain text. Good old BBS style, or Usenet. It's great to be able to read actual content, something meaningful written by people, and not image-heavy posts with some rainbow text sprinkled all over. Now, forums have already been almost killed by social media sites, and Web usability keeps going downhill. I'm quite happy not to contribute to that.

13 minutes ago, Solver said:

Great, because I hate colored signatures :) I still prefer Internet forums that are close to plain text. Good old BBS style, or Usenet. It's great to be able to read actual content, something meaningful written by people, and not image-heavy posts with some rainbow text sprinkled all over. Now, forums have already been almost killed by social media sites, and Web usability keeps going downhill. I'm quite happy not to contribute to that.

Wow.. you are really pissed by them :).. then i close the case, just i wish at least have black rather then grey text color.. its nearly invisible at white theme.

Would be a nice thing if some civilians/military allies could have a chance to resist turning into a 'zombie'. I see such solution to more balanced and realistic. I mean that someone must have some kind of immunity for  different kind of toxins, supergenmutating things. I don't have any idea about modding, so I'm clueless if such thing is possible.