alien officers?

garyg

If you've switched to the Commmunity Edition on Steam, then you also get the X:CE mods automatically. That is why I say Steam is easier, you don't have a separate package to install.

In the game launcher, you can go to Modding Tools, and you should see a whole bunch of mods that X:CE bundles.

34 minutes ago, garyg said:

Thank you Chris. I have it on Steam now. I am trying to figure out how to get the mod pak installed. Solver said it is easier but I can't do it.  Steam has upgrades automatically but not mods. Any help anybody?

If you have steam the necessary XCE mod pack gets included in the download. You only have to activate or deactivate them in the modlauncher.

If you specifically looking for mods i recommend that you first try XCE and after that you can play other mods. X-Division is the biggest and most up to date mod for that.

5 hours ago, Solver said:

If you've switched to the Commmunity Edition on Steam, then you also get the X:CE mods automatically. That is why I say Steam is easier, you don't have a separate package to install.

In the game launcher, you can go to Modding Tools, and you should see a whole bunch of mods that X:CE bundles.

I have ce 1.65 on Steam. In the mod tools there is only Skitso ultimate maps mod 2000. This is activated. There is nothing else there. This is all I got from Steam!!!

Edited by garyg
word correction

2 hours ago, garyg said:

I have ce 1.65 on Steam. In the mod tools there is only Skitso ultimate maps mod 2000. This is activated. There is nothing else there. This is all I got from Steam!!!

On 10.8.2016 at 7:22 PM, Charon said:

XCE 0.34.1

• Either change your steam version to XCE under "Properties" "Beta" for steam or download the official version from the forum.
On 12.8.2016 at 6:23 PM, drages said:

Right click to Xenonauts at library, then properties. Choose Betas and then XCE.. the game will get an update and u will have the real XCE.

The only buttons to click are 'check code' and 'close'. If there is nothing in the code area nothing happens when you click the button. clicking close, of course, closes the window and you are back to start.  There is no 'ok' button. I looked carefully.

Well,  I downloaded xeno again from Steam and this time all the mods were automatically present. However I cannot load a saved game, just get a 'runtime error'.   It seems that I can start the game over and it will work though. Hate to start over after all my blood, sweat, and tears but it seems I have no choice. Thanks for trying to help.