[X:CE 0.34.1] Tropical and Swamp Tileset (v1.4)

Policenaut

Since Khall seems to have abandoned updating the Tropical tileset by ZZZ, TT3 and Frakel I decided to try it myself and here is the result. As a bonus I came up with the idea of reusing the tropical tileset to make a swamp tileset.

This map pack adds Tropical and Swamp maps to crashed/landed UFO missions. It covers parts of Southeastern United States, South and Central America, Central Africa, North and South East Australia and South East Asia. Tropical maps feature lots of dense vegetation with lots of trees obscuring the view, while swamp maps feature swamp terrain which doubles TU movement cost. Both tilesets contain no civilians or local forces. Additionally I have added ambient sounds to the tilesets with both tilesets having their own soundscape.

The graphics were originally made by ZZZ and TT3, converted by me to the latest version of Xenonauts: Community Edition (0.34.1) with various fixes and additions. There are 13 random maps each, for both tilesets.

I hope you enjoy the mod and this couldn't have been made without the previous efforts of ZZZ, TT3 and Frakel! Also props to Khall for his thread which made me discover there was an unfinished tropical tileset.

SCREENSHOTS:

Xenonauts 2016-09-24 17-04-47-20.jpg

Xenonauts 2016-09-24 17-06-27-23.jpg

Xenonauts 2016-10-02 15-16-57-79.jpg

Xenonauts 2016-10-02 15-17-08-98.jpg

Xenonauts 2016-10-02 15-17-40-02.jpg

Xenonauts 2016-10-02 15-17-42-77.jpg

DOWNLOAD:

v1.4 - http://www.nexusmods.com/xenonauts/mods/23?

CHANGELOG:

Updated earthmask.
Added some transparency to small and mediumtree treetops to make it easier to see units.
Updated a bunch of props with new damage graphics. Some made from Solver/Khall's previous efforts.
Cleaned up a lot of prop graphics.
Added some new props.
Removed drone spawns on swamp maps.
Adjusted swamp maps to include new props.
Remade all tropical maps and submaps. 13 new maps.

Remade all the medium, small and palm trees. Their treetops now fade out as you move near them or use the remove roofs button.
Adjusted all maps to work with the updated tree system.
Fixed some vegetation making it impossible to use your weapons while standing on top of them.
Cleaned up more graphics.
Removed some graphical files that were unnecessary.
Moved light rays to level 1.
Fixed some sortpoints causing graphical issues.
Adjusted the bulletScore for all vegetation.
Adjusted the health for all vegetation.

Replaced the palms with new ones that match the art style of Xenonauts better and cause less graphical issues.
Adjusted submaps and maps to fix potential graphical issues with trees.
Updated the modinfo.xml description.

Greatly improved the treetop fading on all trees when standing near/under them. Especially the big ones. No more need to play with roofs disabled.
Removed the stairs setting from a tree lian.
Remade the graphics on the big trees to be more similar to the base game.

Edited by Policenaut
Update 1.4

27 minutes ago, drages said:

This is awesome!

Are you a mapmaker too? Wanna join our team?

I guess so, I learned how the submaps/mapping system works last weekend in order to make this. However I might not be available much so I'm not sure if I should join your mod team, since I won't be able to do much for you.

Just now, Policenaut said:

I guess so, I learned how the submaps/mapping system works last weekend in order to make this. However I might not be available much so I'm not sure if I should join your mod team, since I won't be able to do much for you.

I will PM u.. no need to discuss it here.

• 1 month later...

This ones for you, dunno what went wrong:

Wed Dec 07 23:44:48 2016: MOD ERROR: Loading XML failed.
Wed Dec 07 23:44:48 2016: MOD ERROR: Merging XML for maps/tropical/building/jungle_fill2/x_jungle_t1.xml from mod mods/tropical and swamp tileset/ failed.

• 4 years later...