Preview 0.34.2 XCE - Open discussions

Charon

9 minutes ago, drages said:

It's not up to me to decide, but i would use it at XCE too, to be an example for modders.

Maybe as an unused file that modders can use. For the game itself though, without more mods, there's simply no need. It would, at most, have like a dozen weapons, some alenium/alloys and armours, perhaps 20 items. Very rarely more.

4 minutes ago, Solver said:

Maybe as an unused file that modders can use. For the game itself though, without more mods, there's simply no need. It would, at most, have like a dozen weapons, some alenium/alloys and armours, perhaps 20 items. Very rarely more.

Yes yes you are totally right about default game. But this is a modified LUA and if it's not in XCE, there is no way to get this working without downloading X-Division.. 

I like the idea of being able to pick my own size option, but if that is not available the biggest possible font that you can make will be best (that fits of course).  YEAH sorting options.  But don't forget the workshop interface...sort there also if possible.  I want to DSB the cruiser I just captured (after the research is successful) but can't find it because of the order in the workshop is last research is last and I just finished a lot of research before the capture took place.

1 hour ago, Draku said:

I added column0 to ListControl

Ah, I don't think it ever works that way, seems like they have to start with column1. If I just rename things to start with column1 in your file, then the category list gets filled with the item name, so I can program it to do things properly.

So about interfaces ...

Can you make an additional column for the manufacture UI on the right sider where i "could" write into what this manufacture actually produces @Draku ? This will be hand written by me so no need to let the game check automatically.

9 minutes ago, Draku said:

It won't be easier for you If I change it to column6?

I think it looks better as the left-most column though.

Writing some quick code now to show the category in column1 if using your modded screen.

Do the columns have individual names? I only see that the sourceitems list has variables for column1x, column1w, and so on. Anyway, it doesn't matter at all to me, and column1 makes more sense for the leftmost.

Looks like this with your screen:

categories.png

• Like 1

That's a difficult question :)

I want to publish a slightly updated test version with more stuff, but then I need to finish the extra alien bases. I'm also leaving on a brief trip tomorrow so cannot concentrate on that fully and cannot say if I'll have an update posted today. We'll see what I can do.

3 hours ago, Charon said:

So about interfaces ...

Can you make an additional column for the manufacture UI on the right sider where i "could" write into what this manufacture actually produces @Draku ? This will be hand written by me so no need to let the game check automatically.

Like this? (Can be changed from strings.xml)

20161002213932_1.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry, no proper update from me today, I need one more full evening of work for that.

Draku, you may be able to test with this one though. File not tested separately from the rest. If you have items in storage that cannot be manufactured from manufactures.xml, add a new string with the key STOR.OTHER to strings.xml.

Xenonauts.zip

6 hours ago, Solver said:

Do the columns have individual names? I only see that the sourceitems list has variables for column1x, column1w, and so on. Anyway, it doesn't matter at all to me, and column1 makes more sense for the leftmost.

Looks like this with your screen:

categories.png

LIKE LIKE LIKE

7 minutes ago, Larry Burstyn said:

LIKE LIKE LIKE

I'm unfortunately having problems with some of the screens, but I plan to add a font size option in 0.34.2 that will let you have bigger fonts in at least several places. Font handling in Xenonauts simply isn't good, and there's comparatively little that I can do, but at least some of the text should become easier for you to read.

1 hour ago, Charon said:

How did you add that additional column to the storage window than ? And what do you need to make a place where i can write exactly what produces what. Should i ask Solver ?

29 minutes ago, Draku said:

If you want manufacture description then you should ask Solver.

I ask you if the manufacture UI can get another column/a place where i can write what this manufacture actually produces ( maybe even short notes ?), since it wildly differs from the single manufacture in the vanilla game. You can chill and answer this later after you came back from your trip :), no hurry there is.

In principle, if Draku makes additional columns/areas/whatever, I can add code to support text in them. But it's not particularly generic, so special attention is required from me for each such change. The manufacturing categories are done there, but I am not a big fan of having to add many new different things now.

21 minutes ago, Solver said:

In principle, if Draku makes additional columns/areas/whatever, I can add code to support text in them. But it's not particularly generic, so special attention is required from me for each such change. The manufacturing categories are done there, but I am not a big fan of having to add many new different things now.

8 hours ago, Draku said:

If Solver adds more categories then I will add more tabs.

One of you has to choose who goes first.

What i was thinking about was either another box on the right with another column in the manufactures.xml where you can freely add notes to a specific manufacture line which will be displayed or even better right below the requirements.

20161003223240_1.jpg

If its not doable or too much hassle you can also scrap it. I just think its a good idea to let people know what they are actually producing since literally any custom mod doesnt produce exactly 1 item anymore.

• Solver locked this topic