Preview 0.34.2 XCE - Open discussions

Charon

@Charon: more about changing weapons to assign them to other categories.

To assign a weapon to one of the new categories using Draku's screen, you need to edit weapons.xml and change both type and inventoryCategory. Values for the new categories are WExtra1 to WExtra4. Do not assign ballistic weapons to other categories! If you do that, they will be counted as limited items in ground combat, and bad things will happen.

For equipment, the new categories are instead EExtra1 to EExtra3, and then you only should modify then inventoryCategory. This is quite a mess, but turned out to be one of those places where the game's coding throws in some unexpected surprises.

@Draku: here is the sequipview.lua

48 minutes ago, Solver said:

Do not assign ballistic weapons to other categories! If you do that, they will be counted as limited items in ground combat, and bad things will happen.

Not assign ballistic weapons to other categories ? Vanilla ones ? Or new ones ? Or do you mean a weapon which does use ammo with ballistic damage ? What defines a weapon as a "ballistic" one ?

Or dont assign new weapons to the ballistic category ? Could you elaborate on that and give an example ?

52 minutes ago, Solver said:

For equipment, the new categories are instead EExtra1 to EExtra3, and then you only should modify then inventoryCategory.

Hm, for new items any of the old "type"s and changed "inventoryCategory" ?

Otherwise, roger !

By ballistic weapons I mean ones where type=ballistic in weapons.xml. The vanilla ones shouldn't be assigned to other categories, the game depends on them being unlimited. Not sure what would happen with new ones, maybe it's fine to reassign them. It should be fine for any weapons that are manufactured in limited quantities.

For equipment items, yes, the type column doesn't seem to matter. The vanilla game puts all equipment (grenades/rockets/etc) under type=ballistic, and that seems to work fine. So just change the inventoryCategory for those, yes.

I'm sure you'll figure out something I haven't myself yet, given that you have lots of items and that this is a mess.

• Solver locked this topic