Preview 0.34.2 XCE - Open discussions

Charon

30 minutes ago, Solver said:

I'm afraid my fame is getting eclipsed by the awesomeness of Draku.

Dont worry, it has eclipsed me for far longer and i can tell you its not that bad. Drages always says "Wow, Draku ..." and "Good job, ... " and "Incredible Draku ... " and i code the game and get a "When do we get out with the next patch ? " :P. Draku fully deserves it though :).

Edited by Charon

They'd have to behave just like the original game's tabs though, right? Showing up only if you have weapons in that category. I'm actually not sure how the game assigns weapon categories or when those tabs shows up, I may have never read that part of the code.

13 minutes ago, Solver said:

They'd have to behave just like the original game's tabs though, right? Showing up only if you have weapons in that category.

Yes

In sequipview.lua I see something like this:

command = 
  function()
    OnBallisticsPressed();
  end,

10 minutes ago, Solver said:

Not as things are coded right now, all alien bases have an icon/display from alienbase.lua which always uses the same icon. I'm sure that could be rewritten somehow, but I cannot be bothered to now.

if it's the problem is lua, draku can handle it.

3 minutes ago, Solver said:

Of course that would have been too easy... the game doesn't like new categories.

Can you attach your weapons.xml so I can take a look at inventoryCategory and think about it?

Our weapons.xml got only standart inventoryCategory's to work with the game atm.

I wanted to have 4 more weapon category to put not game phase or tier weapons in it like stun weapons, flamethrowers, injector.. or whatever we can have which don't have any category.

And to able see melee, heavy explosives and shields with different tabs because they get messy when there is many.. big shields covers so much and it's hard to find any melee or heavy explosive together with them.

6 minutes ago, Solver said:

Of course that would have been too easy... the game doesn't like new categories.

Can you attach your weapons.xml so I can take a look at inventoryCategory and think about it?

I have not changed anything in weapons.xml.

In sequipview.lua I added:
command = 
  function()
    OnWtab1Pressed();
  end,
did you notice that?

1 minute ago, Solver said:

Yes, I saw those, and already modified them, I was just thinking about the assignments in weapons.xml because those are what actually gets mapped to the tabs. But I think I have it figured out now, so it's good :)

Glad to hear that :)

• Solver locked this topic