Xenonauts: Community Edition 0.34.2 PREVIEW

Solver

I'm partially kidding, though people who know how I program know that I hate dealing with interfaces. Usually I program things that don't have any visible interface either. So that's my usual reaction to having to adjust the interface of something.

But the storeroom should definitely at least sort alphabetically.

4 minutes ago, Solver said:

I'm partially kidding, though people who know how I program know that I hate dealing with interfaces. Usually I program things that don't have any visible interface either. So that's my usual reaction to having to adjust the interface of something.

But the storeroom should definitely at least sort alphabetically.

I got that.

Just an idea but couldnt we just take the manufacture interface system and put it onto the storage one ? That would be nicely sorted.

If thats possible.

I would not mind to manually sort 1229 items if it means that players get grouped their items together. Its really not a long work if you compare it to the time people actually will spend looking for 1 item under 1000.

So something like an sorting ID additionally to the alphabetic system would be neat.

Sorting the storage alphabetically isn't a problem of course, but there's only so much it accomplishes with a huge item list. And adding categories to the storage list doesn't match how the default game works.

You could always name the items with categories. Instead of "Plasma Clip", "Ammunition - Plasma Clip".

1 minute ago, Solver said:

Sorting the storage alphabetically isn't a problem of course, but there's only so much it accomplishes with a huge item list. And adding categories to the storage list doesn't match how the default game works.

You could always name the items with categories. Instead of "Plasma Clip", "Ammunition - Plasma Clip".

Does the Game take the strings for the sorting ?

Hm, so the manufacture idea is off the table.

What about an sorting ID like i proposed ?

On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 2:03 AM, Solver said:

FYI, this might be useful: there seem to be some problem with tropical map spectres having some of the same names as the middle east ones. In particular palm_med_2_base_spectre is causing problem since it already exists in the middleeast tileset - you may want to make sure these problems don't occur if you're updating the tileset.

This issue is actually caused by the palm spectre files in the tiles/middleeast/props/ folder. The logfile says something about not being able to replace the original files which causes the game to crash while loading middle east maps with palms in them. Simply removing the palm spectres from XCE 0.34.2 fixes this. 

I let Draku test some new things with the SpawnReaper ability, namely having an infinit loop between 2 newly created units where the one morphs into the other. 0 turns and 1 turns work as intended, but we havent tested the Permadeath ability yet. I will prioritise parts of the new hive system to give you earlier feedback.

Here's something you might want to add in 0.34.2. In Khall's Tundra Tileset there are some bookshelves that won't let you stand next to them even though you should be able to. This is caused by missing orientation data in the spectre files. I've attached a mod that fixes it but you might as well merge the files with Khall's Tundra Tileset in the mod pack for 0.34.2.

Khall's Tundra Tileset Bookshelf Fix.zip

Apparently those bookshelves I fixed in Khall's Tundra Tileset are a bug with the base game town tileset and thus effects all other tilesets/map packs that reuse those bookshelves. I decided to fix all the ones in the included map packs in X:CE (Random Map Pack Farm Edition, Restored Community Map Pack, Khall's Tundra Tileset and also X:CE itself). I'm attaching a mod with all the fixed files and a readme with some details and here's also some pictures to showcase the bug.

bookshelf1%20before.jpgbookshelf2%20after.jpgBookshelves%20Fix.zip

@Solver: I've just updated the one I've been working on so the giant multi level trees properly fade out when moving under them and also updated their graphics to be more like the base game's artstyle. I think I also fixed a potential issue which sometimes caused treetops to not get destroyed when you destroyed the lower part. Everything but the giant trees should have destruction now. You can find it here: Tropical and Swamp Tileset

I also fixed some more issues like not being able to walk over flowerbeds, standing next to sinks, some layering issues on some town tileset submaps, some broken spectre files in the Restored Community Map Pack and also added destruction to those same files in the Restored Community Map Pack. I did not take notes as before so it might be easier to just include it as its own mod. Xenonauts Fix Pack

Thanks again, very impressive job! I'm thinking once again of just overwriting the wrong spectres with the ones in the Fix Pack instead of having it as a separate mod - I cannot imagine any reason to have the broken spectres around when the fix is available.

21 hours ago, Solver said:

Thanks to you and to @Draku for this, the ##### missions were indeed a bug.

No problem. :) 

There's another bug which i think @Charon has made you aware of.

You can get duplicate alien bases (and picking the wrong one will result in a ctd)

to recreate :

1. Wait for a base construction ufo to spawn and allow it to land

2. Send 2 (or more) separate squadrons to cover it while its landed.

3. When it's finished construction and takes off, all squadrons tracking it will report on the new base, and each report will generate a base assault option (only 1 works)

I could send you a save, but you would probably need x-div installed to use it?

• Like 1

Ah. I've been familiar with the bug for a long time, had no idea about these reproduction steps, however. It's not a really important bug though given that it's an uncommon scenario and the fake base will disappear after saving/loading. Still, it's possible to fix.