[V1.65W - Other] Soldier assignment resets list

The most painful (most clunky and less optimized) part of the game for me is the soldier selection screen. One of the biggest causes of this is when you assign or un-assign a soldier from a dropship, it jumps to the top of the list. If you have 2 pages of soldiers, you have to scroll down once more each time, for a total of 16 times (8 un-assign of old people, 8 assign of new people)

Also it would be great if this tab worked like Excel sorting does. Sort by column A, then by column B, it maintains the order of A in each grouping of B. So if I sorted by soldier name (A, B, C) and then by type (Sniper, Scout, etc), I would have A, B, C for Snipers, then A, B, C for Scouts, etc. Currently it loses the first sort order and reverts to a default sort order, by B.

Third, there's no way to rename a soldier from the soldier management list. You have to go into the equip soldier list, and here you can't see their stats comparatively. I rename my soldiers per their role, and rank them A, B, C based on who's the best. I have to keep switching screens and looking for the original names to do this, which is painful.

I'm afraid you have to use X:CE for a better soldier management screen. It shows more information without scrolling, assign/unassign works better, etc., but it's also slightly different in layout so Chris didn't want it in the official version of the game. So 1.65 retains the clunky screen.