[V1.65W - Ground Combat] Audio - Frequent unending looping of enemy footsteps

Almost every combat mission I fight, I will encounter this bug. During the alien movement phase the foot step audio for an alien will start looping, and continue looping until that specific alien is killed or the mission ends. It is not limited to a specific alien type, and could be the sound of walking or running (if there's a difference)

I cannot reliably reproduce this, or predict it. And there is nothing specific I've noticed that might be a cause or co-symptom.

System: Win 7, SSD, running in Steam. Intel Xeon E3 cpu, Intel DZ77RE-75K mobo, 8GB DDR3 ram, EVGA GTX 970 video card, on-board motherboard soundcard using 5.1 speakers via 3 phone connector audio cables.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Same here

Whilst attempting to fix a V-Sync issue I encountered this problem in three of the five back to back missions I played, four of which were the same mission replayed.

It also seems that the alien causing the problem finishes there move between tiles, most noticeable when attempting to target them or they are stood alongside another alien, this behaviour was experienced with Sebillians and Androns in Desert and Industrial areas respectively.

Shooting the alien will stop this sound loop (happened twice) as it plays its recoil from being shot animation, but if you kill it instead and it plays the death animation the sound loop will continue (happened once) until the game is reloaded (SkyRanger_01, Post 3) or the mission is ended.

This problem never appeared during approximately 200 hours of play on V1.09.

I'll be waiting to play this again and hoping this issue is fixed within the next month or so, from a quality assurance standpoint I highly recommend Goldhawk divert resources to solving this issue as it seems rather frequent.

Windows 7 - Nvidia GTX970 - I5-3570K - 8GB - Realtek

Unrelated: The above V-Sync issue was solved by forcing V-Sync on/fast/adaptive in the NVCP, try this if you have scrolling lag on Nvidia GTX970, I elected for fast on a 60HZ.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Experiencing a persistent audio glitch in V1.65W - Ground Combat where enemy footsteps loop endlessly. This issue not only disrupts immersion but also hampers gameplay by masking other crucial sounds. It's crucial for developers to address this bug promptly, as it significantly impacts the overall gaming experience. Hoping for a swift update to rectify this audio looping problem and enhance the overall enjoyment of the game. Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, DanielAnink said:

Are we underestimating the potential threat of AI-powered bots infiltrating our forums, and what measures can we take to enhance our bot security to prevent malicious activities and maintain a safe and authentic community?

This is absolutely genius. They are becoming self-aware.

@Chris had to ping you about this.

But the question is real, the forum is overrun by bots, but at what point can we no longer distinguish authenticate human posts from bot ones ?