The mod manager's delete function

Solver

Uhm ... I want to say i posted this

On 17.8.2016 at 8:51 PM, Charon said:

You should add this somewhere:

NEVER USE THE MODLOADER DELETE BUTTON, ITS BUGGED AS HELL. Rather delete the mod folder from your mods/... folder directory. If you have a subscribed workshop mod then unsubscribe first then manually delete the folder in your mods/... directory.

here

and then this happened

f8766636919c75a820c796f0148ddd0fbb538694.jpg
Heresiarch iconGames.pngVor 12 Stunden
Mod folder gone
So I ran the modding tool and tried deleting one of the mods. The thing froze on me and when it unfroze, my mod list was completely empty. Moreover, the modding folder was gone from assets as well.

Now I wouldn't be so ♥♥♥♥♥♥ if I hadn't modded the hell out of ballistic weapons or added a whole bunch of unused ones, but I did. It took me quite a while too.

Is there a way to avoid this kind of crap in the future? Aside from backing up the whole mod folder.
Beiträge 1 - 1 von 1

0bfc500cda883cb3217cbb6e5310459958d5f3f7.jpg
Drages iconGames.png Vor 11 Stunden 
notification_icon_flag_dark.png?v=1forum_topicicon_reply.png?v=1
Don't use mod loaders delete function. Delete manually.

I would appreciate it if somebody actually put this somewhere visible.

I experienced this bug myself when I installed XCE (via Steam) just 3-4 weeks ago, I wanted to delete the (FR) versions of mods from the mod loader, many of them deleted fine, but as I was getting to the last ones the mod loader froze for about 10 seconds and then closed, when I opened the mod loader again it was empty. Going to my mods folder, all mods had been deleted. I re-installed the steam community edition branch again, attempted to do the same thing and got the same result, it didn't freeze on the same mod, so it is an intermittent fault.

I've never played with the mod loader prior to XCE so unsure if it's specific to XCE sorry.

• 1 month later...

heres new old fodder for the cannons, maybe this can help you.

11 hours ago, garyg said:

the only bug I have seen is the really bad one on the modding tools screen. If you  try to delete a mod using the delete mod button it completely screws up xenonauts. I just had to download and install the game all over. I wonder how many people have had this happen  to them. It really should be fixed.